A Bookish Sarah

encouragement & bookish things

slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Sarah
Welcome, friend! Relax & rest awhile, if you please. I'm an ordinary girl, a follower of Christ, mama to Gabriel, Heidi, & Aidan; and wife to Evan. Here in this little space of the online world, I share all manner of bookish things, including full content reviews, writerly snippets, encouragement for everyday life, and a whole collection of names & their meanings.

welcome to my blog

social media icons 2

Search

category 1

Reviews

category 2

Names

category 3

Encouragement

Be Encouraged >> The Goodness of God



I don't know about you, but songs have always spoken to my spirit.

To me, they bring joy---whether it's jamming to my favorite movie soundtracks or relaxing to the instrumentals.  Others bring peace to my everyday struggles and comfort to my heart.  I can name several that bring me to tears, for when I sing them, I feel like it's my prayer to the God who loves me with that unconditional, selfless kind of love you cannot find anywhere else. 


When was the last time you actually sat down & reminisced on God's goodness to YOU?

November is quickly drawing near, and with it comes the Thanksgiving holiday.  When asked the age-old question of what you're thankful for, it's easy for the majority of folks to give the Sunday School answer of "my family & friends", among food & other things.  But when do we seriously thank Him for all the everyday little things we tend to take for granted?  Daily!


The sun still shines beyond the rain---even when we can't see it.

Though I often wish for a larger house to entertain friends & family, it's easy to take for granted the little HOME I already have.

So glad our little car has front-wheel-drive or we would not have made it to our vacation cabin & up the insanely steep driveway it possessed... O_O (The view was totally worth the anxiety)

Healthy eyes to take in the beauty all around me.

Friendly neighbors.  :]

Technology to easily communicate with my friends across the country or overseas.  <3

Fuzzy socks. xD


>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<

Photo by Alex Geerts on Unsplash


BE CHALLENGED.

Make a point to be thankful EVERY DAY for every little blessing God has given you.  Who knows, this might be that mental boost & inspiration your tired spirit has been needing to get you through each day.  It's amazing what a little bit of quiet time meeting with our King can do for your day.  

MAKE THE TIME.


BE ENCOURAGED!

God is so good.  And faithful!  He'll equip you as needed, dear heart.  If we are serving Him in our daily lives & meeting Him in consistent quiet time, where it's just you + Him---one on one---then He is faithful to meet you where you are.  From there, your walk with the King can only grow.  :]


>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<


It blows my mind how God has blessed me!  

While I still struggle daily with many things (i.e. worry, stress, time management, and SO MUCH MORE), He still loves me & deems to bless me with a wonderful life.

How is it we are content to keep on as we are & not shout out to the world how good our God is??  If we are honest, we will admit it's fear keeping us from doing so.  

BUT, my dear sister,

with our King, Fear has no place.


>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<


I'll leave you with this last bit of encouragement:  a reminder of God's goodness in song.



<3 <3 <3

Comments

  1. AMEN!!! This year has especially made me look at all the GOOD things. There's been so much bad and it's been a HARD year, if I'm being honest. But "the stars shine brightest in the dark" as they say, and it is through this dark, difficult time that I can really see the many, MANY blessings from God. He is good. So, so good! And we should ponder on His goodness every single day. Every moment!

    Thank you for this beautiful, much needed reminder, dear friend! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it certainly has. And yes! It's certainly easier to see His hands over everything in the darkness, but such a good reminder that even in the darkest storm, His Light is STILL shining.

      Thank you, dear Christine! <3

      Delete
  2. This was such a good post! We should definitely take the time to thank God for all He's blessed us with! <3 Also, I love that song! It's one of my favourites!!! ^_^ Thank you for this beautiful reminder and encouragement! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To each is given a bag of tools,
A shapeless mass, and a book of rules,
And each must make, ere life is flown,
A stumbling block or a stepping stone.
-Anonymous-

ppl love these

February Snippets!
Here are some Snippets from last month.  These hail from my WIP Safia and another project I'm …
Name Reveal!
Happy November! I don't know about you, but as I sit & type up this little post, I have the …
Book Review | The Goblin Crown
Hello, lovelies!  Just now attempting to get back into the swing of things here in the blog world. …
Book Review | When Mountains Move
Well, no worries, my lovelies!  This review will be rather short.  Simply because. . . I didn'…