A Bookish Sarah

encouragement & bookish things

slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Sarah
Welcome, friend! Relax & rest awhile, if you please. I'm an ordinary girl, a follower of Christ, mama to Gabriel, Heidi, & Aidan; and wife to Evan. Here in this little space of the online world, I share all manner of bookish things, including full content reviews, writerly snippets, encouragement for everyday life, and a whole collection of names & their meanings.

welcome to my blog

social media icons 2

Search

category 1

Reviews

category 2

Names

category 3

Encouragement

Book Review | When Mountains Move

Well, no worries, my lovelies!  This review will be rather short.  Simply because. . . I didn't finish the book.  AND THAT NEVER HAPPENS.  But this one, I dunno.  It was okay, but one of those that left a bad taste in the mouth.  And while I only made it halfway through, I just couldn't finish it. 


When Mountains Move
Julie Cantrell




 [BookLookBloggers]
In a few hours, Millie will say “I do” to Bump Anderson, a man who loves her through and through. But would he love her if he knew the secret she keeps? Millie’s mind is racing and there seems to be no clear line between right and wrong. Either path leads to pain, and she’ll do anything to protect the ones she loves. So she decides to bury the truth and begin again, helping Bump launch a ranch in the wilds of Colorado. But just when she thinks she’s left her old Mississippi life behind, the facts surface in the most challenging way.That’s when Millie’s grandmother, Oka, arrives to help. Relying on her age-old Choctaw traditions, Oka teaches Millie the power of second chances. Millie resists, believing redemption is about as likely as moving mountains. But Oka stands strong, modeling forgiveness as the only true path to freedom.Together, Bump, Millie, and Oka fight against all odds to create a sustainable ranch, all while learning that the important lessons of their pasts can be used to build a beautiful future.
-----------------------------------------------

Read my review for the first of this series, here

I enjoyed Into the Free, where we are first introduced to Millie, a normal girl struggling with her faith and family troubles.  She has a hard story, but it gives hope.  And I was eager to read how it continued.  But going on into this second addition to her tale, I found it harder and harder to go on.  

While rape, deceit, jealousy, and such are a huge part of our lives, I found no joy in reading more about it.  And while the story may end beautifully, I've no doubt, I didn't find it worth it to go through all of that to get there.  That's horrible, I know, and you may condemn me for not completing a book for such reasons (I don't blame you!).  But I can find more enjoyable ways to spend my little bits of free time.  And this book is not really one of them.  

For the sake of rating, I will give it three stars.  Please remember that the above statements are my own personal opinions, and no others.  I commend those who read and liked this book, I'm just saying it is simply not for me.  

-----------------------------------------------
Warning: Mature Content
Recommended ages: 18+
3 out of 5 stars
 

Thanks for stopping by, y'all!  So sorry for the depressing review.  I promise to have some more Overland photos soon!!

xxx,
Sarah

Comments

  1. Not finishing a book is totally not a bad thing. Thanks for the review. I had looked at "When Mountains Move" on some review site (Booklooks?), and now I'm glad I didn't request it.

    Aidyl from Noveltea

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To each is given a bag of tools,
A shapeless mass, and a book of rules,
And each must make, ere life is flown,
A stumbling block or a stepping stone.
-Anonymous-

ppl love these

February Snippets!
Here are some Snippets from last month.  These hail from my WIP Safia and another project I'm …
Name Reveal!
Happy November! I don't know about you, but as I sit & type up this little post, I have the …
Book Review | When Mountains Move
Well, no worries, my lovelies!  This review will be rather short.  Simply because. . . I didn'…
Book Review | The Goblin Crown
Hello, lovelies!  Just now attempting to get back into the swing of things here in the blog world. …