A Bookish Sarah

encouragement & bookish things

slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Sarah
Welcome, friend! Relax & rest awhile, if you please. I'm an ordinary girl, a follower of Christ, mama to Gabriel, Heidi, & Aidan; and wife to Evan. Here in this little space of the online world, I share all manner of bookish things, including full content reviews, writerly snippets, encouragement for everyday life, and a whole collection of names & their meanings.

welcome to my blog

social media icons 2

Search

category 1

Reviews

category 2

Names

category 3

Encouragement

Hullooo, Friends! >> UPDATE

Photo by Chris Lawton on Unsplash



Happy Wednesday!

I know it's been absolute AGES since I've popped on, but I assure you I'm still around!  :]

This whole Summer past was extremely busy, and while I missed blogging & catching up on my favorite blogs, it was a much needed time away.  Currently, these next two months are shaping to be rather busy as well, especially with family things & the holidays nearing... (Say WUTTTT??  I know, right?)  

So today, I'm hopping on to give a kind of Summer summary & share the goings-on in my family and our neck o' the woods.  :D


>>>>><<<<<

LIFE

I love Summertime!  And it was a lovely season around here.  :]

Despite the little changes made to daily living thanks to the so-called "pandemic" (seriously, don't get me started), our day to day lives didn't change much at all, if any.  We went about as usual & our Lord has blessed us with health & strength thus far!  


We celebrated Gabriel's SECOND birthday the week of August 27th---which I can STILL hardly believe.  He's grown so much & is learning so well!  He's just now beginning to use his words more, as opposed to signs, and it's ADORABLE.


I'm still working a shampoo business & LOVING the incredible changes the products have brought to my hair.  It's never felt so soft & healthy before, and actually has a natural shine!  *^ - ^*  If you're confused, apologies!  I began a home business back at the end of June as a brand ambassador, where I share the gift of a Healthy Hair Revolution & help others achieve their hair goals---AND SUCCEED!!

If you're even the least bit intrigued, contact me HERE.  I'd be happy to share more.  :D


>>>>><<<<<

READING

I've met my Reading Challenge for this year!  It was only set for 50 books, but is completely reasonable for my current season of life.  And now on to the next book or three!  ;D


I enjoyed so many good stories this year!!

I hope to do a Rated, Not Reviewed post sometime soon, though I'm honestly not sure when that will happen.  HEH  Still, I want to share some of the books with my fellow book-dragons!

For example,

The Crown of Stars series by Elizabeth D. Marie is AMAZINGGGGGGG.  (And the book covers are soooo droolworthy! *points left* And the STORY.  Good gravy! The whole series is so well written, each accompanying book even better than the last & furthering the overall plot flawlessly.  Clean, heart-stopping, thrilling adventure, medieval fantasy---the whole series [not yet complete!] is a great 6-outta-5 star read, in my humble opinion.)

Also, the Elven Alliance series by Tara Grayce.  *heart eyes* (If you love the elegant Elvish race & are in any way curious as to how they have such long silky hair, I'd highly recommend this clean, action-packed, romantic fantasy. Seriously---you WON'T regret it.)

And so many more!  I could go on.  *wicked grin*


>>>>><<<<<

WRITING

Sadly, this year has not been one for writing.  Which is okay.  :]  But I did manage to squeeze in some random writing sessions jotting down some random scenes from a random (you get the picture) concept story I've had in my head for YEARS.  I don't ever expect it to come to anything, but it felt SO GOOD to just sit & write.

NaNoWriMo is coming up!

Honestly, I'm tentatively planning to get a cabin & write as much as I can, but I really don't expect to hit the default goal of 50k.  I know that's not exactly a good mindset to have for such a challenge, but I feel good about it.  I may set my own little goal & simply do the best I can.  And I'll most likely be dragging out my unfinished first draft of Noya once more---with the [apparently repetitive] goal of finishing it.  This time.  Maybe.  xDDD  I need to finish this draft!!!!!


NEWS!!!

Me & my little family are expecting a new little one next Spring!!!

And

IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!


Needless to say, we are over the moon excited!  I seriously thought we were going to have another little boy running around, but NOW I get to go buy ALL THE GIRLIE THINGS!! xD

For those of you even a teeny bit wondering, we are 20 weeks along & doing very well.  Due date is February 21st, 2021 (rather specific, yes) & I'm STILL surprised for a little girl!

Thank you so much in advance for any & all well-wishes and congrats!  We do have a name picked out & perhaps I'll share it sometime in a later post... *winks slyly* ;D


Photo by Cayla1 on Unsplash

>>>>><<<<<

And there's my random update after months of blogger silence.  

*SIGHS*  So good to be back!  I am planning to resurrect my Name posts & I still have some book reviews to share.  As of now, I'll probably have one post per week going up & I'll do my best to keep updated on all my favorite blogs.  Drop your URL in the comments if you're a blogger friend!  Alas, when I switched email addresses, I lost all of the blogs I once followed, and I'd love to find you all again!


For now, fairfarren, my friends.

And hullo, lovely October!

Comments

  1. SARAH. *glomples* This was such a treat getting an update from you! I'm so glad to hear you had a lovely summer. And I'm just SO SO THRILLED you're having a little girl! EEEEEEE!!!!! It's absolutely precious you'll have a little boy AND girl! They are blessed to have such a wonderful mommy. <3

    I do hope you have an absolutely fantastic fall, m'dear! Thank you for the update!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, dear girl!!! <333 Awww, you are too kind! *^ - ^*

      Thanks, dear Christine! And I hope the same for you!!!

      Delete
  2. Ahh! It's good to see you on the blog again. I've been following your Insta since I got my own so I knew half of this stuff already but what fun!

    Oh, and here's my blog URL: catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    Catherine <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you, Catherine! Yes, it was so great to see you on Instagram! :D And thanks for sending your blog address, this totally helps me out cuz I can't remember everyone's blogs for the life of me xD

      <3

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on having a baby girl soon!!! Very excited for the name reveal :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, girlie!!! Yes, I will do that very soon! *squeeeeee* *^ - ^*

      Delete
  4. Hi! I'm a new follower and I just wanted to say that I loved your summary and am glad you had a nice summer! Congratulations on your new little one!!! <3

    I keep hearing how awesome the Elven Alliance books are. I should really get around to reading them. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hullo, Jen, & WELCOME!!! So, so, SOOOOO pleased to have you! And thank you! We are all definitely excited around here. ;D

      YESSSSSSS. I HIGHLY recommend them! They are such a clean, incredibly amazing, action-packed fantasy. And also ELVES *allthehearteyes*

      Again, welcome! I hope my posts bring a laugh or three & serve to bless you in some way. <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

To each is given a bag of tools,
A shapeless mass, and a book of rules,
And each must make, ere life is flown,
A stumbling block or a stepping stone.
-Anonymous-

ppl love these

February Snippets!
Here are some Snippets from last month.  These hail from my WIP Safia and another project I'm …
Name Reveal!
Happy November! I don't know about you, but as I sit & type up this little post, I have the …
Book Review | The Goblin Crown
Hello, lovelies!  Just now attempting to get back into the swing of things here in the blog world. …
Book Review | When Mountains Move
Well, no worries, my lovelies!  This review will be rather short.  Simply because. . . I didn'…