A Bookish Sarah

encouragement & bookish things

slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Sarah
Welcome, friend! Relax & rest awhile, if you please. I'm an ordinary girl, a follower of Christ, mama to Gabriel, Heidi, & Aidan; and wife to Evan. Here in this little space of the online world, I share all manner of bookish things, including full content reviews, writerly snippets, encouragement for everyday life, and a whole collection of names & their meanings.

welcome to my blog

social media icons 2

Search

category 1

Reviews

category 2

Names

category 3

Encouragement

Gabriel's First Birthday!


Happy Thursday, y'all!
How's your week progressing?
My brother is happily married as of last Saturday, and after that full weekend of wedding prep & the actual ceremony, we've kinda taken this week to recover & get into the normal rhythm of life again.  I apologize for missing the Name post Monday. . .  I left my computer at my brother's house the week before the wedding & haven't had the chance to grab it.  heheh 

But I'm back now, and sharing some of my favorite photos from Gabe's first birthday party!  (FINALLY)  I can't take credit for these---my sister Jenny was behind the camera (she also posted these on her Instagram: @space.cookie).  But I did make his cake! (below)


The plastic dinos I used to decorate on the white frosting were found at the Dollar Tree---25 dinos for $1!!


I picked up these two ceramic dinosaurs in the clearance section at Hobby Lobby (my favorite store on earth---besides bookstores, of course ;D).  They were $1 each as well, but the brontosaurus was missing his tail, and the triceratops's horns were broken.  Jen crafted new tail & horns from air-drying clay & painted them---no one had a clue they were broken!  Did I mention my sister is SO TALENTED??


Pinterest is my GO-TO.  I loved the idea of these pudding cups, labeled 'Prehistoric Dirt.'  xD


My mum-in-law shaped the fruit tray---it was PERFECT!


My dear mum brought the 'Herbivore' food: any green veggie she could find!  It was great!  I especially loved the edemame (soy) beans---SO tasty.



I couldn't find a photo of the cookies without the plastic!  My other sister Julia made those sugar cookies, and used a larger dino to make footprints.  They were delish!  (The 'Dinosaur Bones' were actually chocolate-covered pretzels.  Must not have a pic of those either, heheh)


I had t-shirts made for Evan, Gabe, & I.  LOVED how they turned out!

photo creds:  mum-in-law <3


Gabe quite enjoyed eating the "dirt".  xD


Fun at the pool!



And gift time!  Needless to say, he enjoyed the packing & tissue paper best.  ;D


It was such a fun party!  And we had many family & friends come.  So grateful for all they mean to us.

I still can't believe my little boy is ONE YEAR OLD.
Here's to many more, my little man!
<3 <3 <3

Comments

  1. AWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!! THIS IS SO PRECIOUS. You did AMAZING putting this together. I definitely love the "prehistoric dirt" and the T-SHIRTS. ADORBZ. And of course Gabe himself is the most adorable thing of ever. DAT LAST PIC. <333 Looks like it was fun for all! Thank you for sharing these!

    Happy birthday to little Gabe! AND congrats to your brother! So many exciting things! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, girl!! *^ - ^* I definitely couldn't have done it without the help of my sisters, dear friend, mum, & mum-in-law, though. ^^ We had a blast! And almost all of our family could make it, so sweet.

      Thank you, dear lady! It's all definitely so exciting <333

      Delete
  2. I CAN NOT believe Gabe is already a year old!! Happy Birthday to him :) I haven't been able to read your blog as much as I would like since I started dental school, but I'm so glad to see posts like these. As potentially creepy as it sounds haha, I love hearing about your family's life ever since I discovered you and your sisters' other blog (Maidens of Virtue) years ago!

    But anyway, enough of my weirdness. Y'all are such a sweet family :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, you are the SWEETEST! And I KNOW---it's just plain CRAZY how fast time flies. Thanks, girlie! I understand too---I've not been able to read hardly ANY of the blogs I follow, and it saddens me! I don't think it's creepy in any way either! You've hung around for so long!! I had no idea---but I greatly appreciate it. I love seeing life-y posts like this on other blogs, and I don't think I post the "real" things as often as I should. Maybe that's something I can change. ;D Thank you! And I totally do NOT think you weird. Your comment made my day!

      Delete

Post a Comment

To each is given a bag of tools,
A shapeless mass, and a book of rules,
And each must make, ere life is flown,
A stumbling block or a stepping stone.
-Anonymous-

ppl love these

February Snippets!
Here are some Snippets from last month.  These hail from my WIP Safia and another project I'm …
Name Reveal!
Happy November! I don't know about you, but as I sit & type up this little post, I have the …
Book Review | When Mountains Move
Well, no worries, my lovelies!  This review will be rather short.  Simply because. . . I didn'…
Book Review | The Goblin Crown
Hello, lovelies!  Just now attempting to get back into the swing of things here in the blog world. …