A Bookish Sarah

encouragement & bookish things

slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Sarah
Welcome, friend! Relax & rest awhile, if you please. I'm an ordinary girl, a follower of Christ, mama to Gabriel, Heidi, & Aidan; and wife to Evan. Here in this little space of the online world, I share all manner of bookish things, including full content reviews, writerly snippets, encouragement for everyday life, and a whole collection of names & their meanings.

welcome to my blog

social media icons 2

Search

category 1

Reviews

category 2

Names

category 3

Encouragement

"I have heard say that he who sings scares away his woes."

- Don Quixote -

I know I've been rather absent of late.  This week was a kinda tough one & not much was accomplished in the area of blogging.  Which I'm learning is OKAY.  *^ - ^* With my new responsibilities as a mama now, I'm finding I'm still getting into the hang of things, and realizing just how much this parenting thing requires of oneself.  It certainly teaches one to be selfless! :]  And patient.  And joyful amidst difficulties.  As well as that most important lesson that one's strength alone will NOT be enough---that's why God gives us our family & friends, so we can walk TOGETHER.  Oh how grateful I am of this.

> > > > > < < < < <

xD || Pinterest
I've decided attempting to post three days a week is a little too much---at least right now.  So, I'm bumping it down to two.  Don't worry!  I'm still keeping the Name posts for sure!  However, my Encouragement & Writerly posts will alternate for the time being.  And if I must (IF it comes to it), I'll try to show up once a week at the very least, but I feel confident I can do this new schedule.  

That said, we've only a few more days left of February before the next month MARCHES in.  (See what I did there?? *crickets* haha)  Ahem.  This coming week I'll be sharing the details of my upcoming linkup party!!! SO EXCITED.  Don't forget to check back on either Tuesday or Wednesday for the info.  The actual linkup will begin that following Sunday!

> > > > > < < < < <

Happy weekend, y'all!
I hope it's a lovely one.  :]

Pinterest

Comments

  1. It is DEFINITELY okay to take time out of blogging so you have more time to be a mommy! I'm proud of you for making the decision to blog a little less. I can BARELY keep up with blogging just once a week. I'm so in awe at you amazing people who can do it more than that!

    Two posts a week sounds like a lovely plan. I hope your last few days of February are wonderful! (How ARE we almost to March though???)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWWW. You are so very sweet! I feel like I need such encouragement these days. There SO MUCH I wanna do, but obviously I've got other priorities that take first place. *^ - ^*

      I KNOW. How does that happen?? Thank you, dear girl! Ditto back atcha ;D <3

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry you had a tough week. :( There's often much learning that comes from those, but the're no fun to live through. Good for you, giving yourself slack on blogging. Priorities must fall in order & one has only so much time and energy!

    The last of February has such a way of sneaking in. Even knowing it's a short month, I'm always surprised what a difference those few days make.

    Looking forward to reading your next post! d(^-^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right about the learning part. This parenting thing is HARD, and there is SO MUCH people just forget to tell you. haha

      That is SO TRUE. So am I! Thank you, my dear friend! I love seeing your comments pop up! <3

      Delete
  3. *hugs* Baby Gabe needs his mommy first and foremost, so don't feel bad!

    I'm glad you're keeping your name posts - those are my favorites :) I don't mind the two posts a week, I think it will be fun! And I can't wait to see your linkup!

    (Also, I can't get over the cuteness of that last GiF)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To each is given a bag of tools,
A shapeless mass, and a book of rules,
And each must make, ere life is flown,
A stumbling block or a stepping stone.
-Anonymous-

ppl love these

February Snippets!
Here are some Snippets from last month.  These hail from my WIP Safia and another project I'm …
Name Reveal!
Happy November! I don't know about you, but as I sit & type up this little post, I have the …
Book Review | The Goblin Crown
Hello, lovelies!  Just now attempting to get back into the swing of things here in the blog world. …
Book Review | When Mountains Move
Well, no worries, my lovelies!  This review will be rather short.  Simply because. . . I didn'…