A Bookish Sarah

encouragement & bookish things

slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Sarah
Welcome, friend! Relax & rest awhile, if you please. I'm an ordinary girl, a follower of Christ, mama to Gabriel, Heidi, & Aidan; and wife to Evan. Here in this little space of the online world, I share all manner of bookish things, including full content reviews, writerly snippets, encouragement for everyday life, and a whole collection of names & their meanings.

welcome to my blog

social media icons 2

Search

category 1

Reviews

category 2

Names

category 3

Encouragement

New Posting Schedule!

Welcome, welcome, friends!

Happy Monday!
I'm still reeling when I consider we're in (basically) the third week of January... O_o
I'm deviating from my normal Monday Name post to give an updated posting schedule that will go into effect this week.  :]  I'm reorganizing my plans for the posts I wish to share with you here & decreasing the amount down to two per week.  Even that may be a little ambitious for me & my life with a toddler right now, but we'll see how it goes the next couple months.  :]

Photo by Annie Spratt on Unsplash
I'm condensing ideas, throwing around all the other things I wish to do on this little blog in the coming months (i.e. host another Promptlies linkup party??), hoping to pre-draft my posts ahead of time, and so on.


New Posting Schedule


Hopefully, that's pretty straight forward.  :]


Names
Please don't worry!  I'm certainly not giving up the Name posts, they are simply more condensed now, & I'm considering mixing the place names, nicknames, & surnames with the more "regular" ones (instead of each having their own respective post).  To clarify, in each post, I'll feature six names & their history & meanings---three regular names + three place names.  Then two weeks later, I'll share another post with three nicknames + three surnames.

If you have any suggestions, or recommendations, for these particular posts, I'd be more than happy to hear!


Reviews
I read so many awesome books, I can't help but share the good, the bad, & even the ugly.  My reviews are always so thorough, and perhaps a little over-the-top, maaaaybe spoilery, but sometimes (in my humble opinion) totally necessary.  Every now & then, I'll pick up a new-to-me novel & be disappointed throughout the story due to unexpected content---usually.  That is the main reason I write such detailed reviews, because I understand there are others with similar thinking.  Honestly, I'd like to know some particulars before diving into a novel---no matter how great the reviews praised it.

I will add, however, that my reviews are my opinions & personal thoughts only.  Just because I REALLY enjoyed a novel, or rather hated it, does not mean you should take my whole word for it.  If you end up reading the same one(s), let me know!  I love hearing the thoughts of others in regards to different books.  :]


Writings
I've stuck the "writerly things" title in there because I'm hoping to [consistently] share a monthly update in regards to my writing progress.  After the hype of November during NaNoWriMo, followed quickly by Christmas & New Year's, I just now got back into my WIP, Noya, this past week.  And it always feel sooooo good to return to my stories.  Do you feel the same way after a break??

If you check out my NaNo profile & projects, you'll be able to keep up with my slow-turtle pace.  It's my goal to add another 30k to Noya's story, and, in so doing, COMPLETE THE FIRST DRAFT.  To be entirely honest, I'm absolutely terrified the further I go in this story.  Why?  Because up to a point, I have no earthly idea what's gonna happen.  TT_TT  And then there's all the horrid, nagging worries & doubts that once I write "The End" the story couldn't possibly be worth reading.  It's needless fears, I know, but they seem to linger, regardless.  Still, it's my GOAL to finish this story, and go from there.  :]  Encouragement & any kind of support would be much appreciated.  Who knows?? I may need beta-readers lined up!  ;D


Encouragement
These posts are definitely something I wish to keep up.  They just take so much more thought & consideration that it's difficult for me to be consistent.  So, hopefully, in having the little goal of one per month will be more attainable.  And perhaps serve to encourage those who read.  *^ - ^*


And that's that, y'all!  Thanks for hanging in there on this rather boring, but in my mind necessary, post.

If you are a new friend to the blogging world, shoot me a comment with a link to your blog!  It's always a pleasure meeting new beans where we can fangirl over EVERYTHING, share favorite books, & fawn over each other's writings/hobbies/etc. etc.  

Fairfarren, dear hearts.
Have a lovely week!

Comments

  1. I can't wait to see what you have in store for the coming months! The Promptlies linkups were so fun and one of my favorite parts of last year. :)

    You've totally got this draft of Noya! *joins the beta reader line*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, girl! You're always so faithful to read & encourage me! And yes! I so enjoyed the Promptlies---your entries were great! I shall do my best to get them up & running for this year. ^_^

      Thank you! And YESSSS, I'm totally calling on you---I need all the help I can get ;DDD

      Delete
  2. I love that you're going to mix up the names posts. That'll be cool.

    Also, it's totally fine if a first draft isn't worth reading. That's why we have the gift of revisions and edits. They help us get our stories so they're not completely cringe worthy. And that's pretty cool. I'm applauding you all the way to the finish-line, girl! You've got this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope so! I love having the separate themes, but I think this will work just as fine. :]

      Awww, you're the sweetest! And that's just the kind of encouragement I need!!! Thanks, girl! <333

      Delete
  3. This sounds like a wonderful schedule! Combining the different types of name posts is a great idea!

    I loooove your book review posts! It's SO nice getting a content guide. So few reviewers provide that, but yeah. I want to know what I'm getting myself into before diving into a book. I'm so grateful to you for taking the time to always give us a great content guide!

    WRITING UPDATES. YESSSS. I'd love more of those from you. Hearing about your writing always makes me happy. ^_^ That is sooo exciting you're getting back into Noya! EEP. SIGN ME UP FOR BETA-READING. When the time comes of course. But YES. I'd be thrilled to if you'd want me! :D

    Oooh, your encouragement posts are always so beautiful. Having more of those would be fantastic. They always fill me up. ^_^

    This looks fantastic, girl! Looking forward to all the lovely Sarah things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thanks! I'm so glad you think the same. I wish other reviewers would have such content reviews---like Pluggedin.com (movie & media reviewer). That's actually where I based my layout for each review from. It such a pleasure to serve in this regard!

      Awwww, dear Christine, you are the SWEETEST. And yes, YES, YESSSSS---you're totally on board for beta reading!! I wouldn't have it any other way. :DDD <3

      Thanks, girl! They do the same for me. *^ - ^*

      <333

      Delete

Post a Comment

To each is given a bag of tools,
A shapeless mass, and a book of rules,
And each must make, ere life is flown,
A stumbling block or a stepping stone.
-Anonymous-

ppl love these

February Snippets!
Here are some Snippets from last month.  These hail from my WIP Safia and another project I'm …
Name Reveal!
Happy November! I don't know about you, but as I sit & type up this little post, I have the …
Book Review | The Goblin Crown
Hello, lovelies!  Just now attempting to get back into the swing of things here in the blog world. …
Book Review | When Mountains Move
Well, no worries, my lovelies!  This review will be rather short.  Simply because. . . I didn'…