A Bookish Sarah

encouragement & bookish things

slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Sarah
Welcome, friend! Relax & rest awhile, if you please. I'm an ordinary girl, a follower of Christ, mama to Gabriel, Heidi, & Aidan; and wife to Evan. Here in this little space of the online world, I share all manner of bookish things, including full content reviews, writerly snippets, encouragement for everyday life, and a whole collection of names & their meanings.

welcome to my blog

social media icons 2

Search

category 1

Reviews

category 2

Names

category 3

Encouragement

I'm Baaaaaaack!! & Also, a Name Post!


Happy Monday, friends!
And a happy belated Thanksgiving!
I'm back from having survived (& won!) NaNoWriMo for the first time!!!  This was my third time participating, and OHMIGOODNESS it went so smoothly (with just two or three grace days)!  I had a rather detailed outline (unfinished, but that didn't make any difference with the story thus far), and WOW it helped so much!  I SO LOVE MY STORY, Y'ALL.  TT_TT *happy tears*

Anyways, I'm planning a sum-up NaNo post for later this week & hopefully the final part of Christine's Know the Novel linkup as well, so stay tuned for those!!

In the meantime, here's some fresh new names for you!  I've missed these posts the past few weeks, but it was quite nice not having to worry about getting them together with my writing/NaNo taking priority.  Thanks for understanding!  I hope November was a blast for you also, dear bean!

Enjoy.  :]


> > > > > < < < < <


Sholto
| Scottish

Anglicized form of Síoltach, which means "sower" in Scottish Gaelic.

Marinette
French

French diminutive of Marine, which is the French & Georgian feminine form of Marinus, meaning "of the sea" in Latin.


Séamus
| Irish

Irish form of James (which is ultimately derived from the root name Jacob, meaning "supplanter").


Marisol
| Spanish

Combination of María ("beloved") & Sol ("sun"), or Soledad ("solitude").  It also resembles the Spanish phrase mar y sol, "sea & sun."


Samael
Judeo-Christian Legend

Means "severity of God" in Hebrew.  In the Jewish tradition, this is believed to be the given name of an archangel, described as the destructive angel of death.

Meira
Hebrew

Feminine form of Meir, which means "giving light" in Hebrew.










Names & meanings via behindthename.com.
Photos via Pinterest.

> > > > > > > > > > < < < < < < < < < <

Talk to me!  Got any faves of this set? I'm not sure I can choose a sole favorite... But I do REALLY love Marinette and Samael. 

Have a lovely week, y'all. <3
Can you believe Christmas is only two & a half weeks away??????????
#WUUUUUUT

Comments

  1. Ooo, I really love this set of names! Especially Meira - I’ll have to use that sometime....

    I was JUST thinking about when you were going to get back, so this was rather interesting timing. Anyways, welcome back!! :)

    Nicole D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nicole! And that is such a lovely one---definitely use it! I'd be so curious as to what her character will be like. :D

      Haha! Wow, great timing! And thank you, girl!!! <333

      Delete
  2. SARAH. YOU WON NANO!!!! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU. YOU DID SO AMAZING. And that is the besssst it went smoothly and you love your story! EEEEEE! I CAN'T STOP SMILING. CONGRATULATIONS!

    Oh my goodness, what a lovely set of naaaames! Like...I can't choose a favorite! Marinette, Marisol, and Meira are all just too gorgeous. And all the guy names are so unique!

    I just wanted you to know these posts are always so helpful. I ended up using a bunch of names you've featured in my NaNo novel! I was trying to name some characters and went to my list of names I've got which are mostly names I've gotten from YOU and chose some favorites. So THANK YOU for making these posts. They're fantastic! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU SO MUCH, DEAR CHRISTINE!!!! You are such an inspiration & encouragement to me, I'm so blessed to call you one of my dearest blogger buddies <333 *HUGS*

      I know! This set was so much fun! ;D I love 'em allllllll.

      AWWWWWW!! This comment MADE MY DAY. I'm so beyond pleased that you enjoy these posts so much, and that they help you & your stories. THAT'S the entire reason why I wish to keep doing them---I enjoy finding new (& old) names & sharing them with everyone. And YESSSSS!!!! I noticed you used them in The Timekeeper & the Librarian and it MADE ME SOOOOOO HAPPPPPYYYYYYYY!!!!! I'm so glad you used them---they are PERFECT for your characters! Thanks, girl!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

To each is given a bag of tools,
A shapeless mass, and a book of rules,
And each must make, ere life is flown,
A stumbling block or a stepping stone.
-Anonymous-

ppl love these

February Snippets!
Here are some Snippets from last month.  These hail from my WIP Safia and another project I'm …
Name Reveal!
Happy November! I don't know about you, but as I sit & type up this little post, I have the …
Book Review | When Mountains Move
Well, no worries, my lovelies!  This review will be rather short.  Simply because. . . I didn'…
Book Review | The Goblin Crown
Hello, lovelies!  Just now attempting to get back into the swing of things here in the blog world. …