A Bookish Sarah

encouragement & bookish things

slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Sarah
Welcome, friend! Relax & rest awhile, if you please. I'm an ordinary girl, a follower of Christ, mama to Gabriel, Heidi, & Aidan; and wife to Evan. Here in this little space of the online world, I share all manner of bookish things, including full content reviews, writerly snippets, encouragement for everyday life, and a whole collection of names & their meanings.

welcome to my blog

social media icons 2

Search

category 1

Reviews

category 2

Names

category 3

Encouragement

Be ENCOURAGED || Christmas


Star.
Gifts.
Lights.
Family.
Laughter.
Blessings.
Candy canes.
Fun traditions.
Holiday movies!
A Promise fulfilled.
Chocolate-covered cherries.
The birthday of my Lord & King.
Hot chocolate & a warm fireplace.
Winter.
Food!

> > > > > > > > > > < < < < < < < < < <

Christmas is not about Santa Claus, reindeer, presents, & traditions.
While we do not know the exact birth date of our King's Son, we were given a physical day in the holiday of Christmas to remember and celebrate---much like Easter & the day of His Resurrection.  Sadly, many people forget the true reason for the season and all too often get caught up in the stress of giving & getting gifts and preparing for family get-togethers, instead of focusing on the why of this marvelous celebration.

I love traditions.  One that my parents began when my siblings & I were wee haflings was on Christmas Eve.  My dad, with his awesome, deep narrator voice, would read to us a children's book entitled "What Child is This?"  It is so simple, and yet so sweet a message that it has stuck with me all these years.  And now, I have a copy for myself---one Evan & I can read to our son Gabriel.  Now that we are a family of more than two, we enjoy thinking of new traditions to begin with our children---and not just for Christmas!

> > > > > < < < < <

But how easy is it to get caught up in those fun things and forget the what & why it is we are making said traditions for?

> > > > > < < < < <

For this Christmas, and for the coming year, I want to be intentional and aware.
--  Intentional in keeping God at the forefront of everything we do.  --
--  And aware of the WHY we do.  --

> > > > > < < < < <

So, be ENCOURAGED!
He has come for us!
Oh, what joy we have---for He loves the unworthy.


> > > > > > > > > > > < < < < < < < < < <

What fun/serious traditions do you & your family have?  How did they begin?  If you could start something new, what would it be?

Merry Christmas, you lovely beans!  Due to the holiday, activity here will be slow (if any) until January 7th. So, all that said, I wish you a happy Christmas with your loved ones & a lovely New Year!! 
<3 <3 <3

Comments

  1. First of all, the way you made a Christmas tree with a list of your favorite Christmas things is the cutest thing EVER!!! THAT IS BRILLIANCE.

    Secondly, I absolutely love this post. Such a good reminder! I HAVE been getting caught up in the stress this year and keep forgetting the whole POINT. I needed this post today. To be reminded to think on Jesus, and be intentional and aware that it is in celebration of HIM. YES. I love how you put that. Thank you for this.

    AND MERRY CHRISTMAS, M'DEAR!!! I do hope you and your sweet family have the best one! <333

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To each is given a bag of tools,
A shapeless mass, and a book of rules,
And each must make, ere life is flown,
A stumbling block or a stepping stone.
-Anonymous-

ppl love these

February Snippets!
Here are some Snippets from last month.  These hail from my WIP Safia and another project I'm …
Name Reveal!
Happy November! I don't know about you, but as I sit & type up this little post, I have the …
Book Review | The Goblin Crown
Hello, lovelies!  Just now attempting to get back into the swing of things here in the blog world. …
Book Review | When Mountains Move
Well, no worries, my lovelies!  This review will be rather short.  Simply because. . . I didn'…