A Bookish Sarah

encouragement & bookish things

slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Sarah
Welcome, friend! Relax & rest awhile, if you please. I'm an ordinary girl, a follower of Christ, mama to Gabriel, Heidi, & Aidan; and wife to Evan. Here in this little space of the online world, I share all manner of bookish things, including full content reviews, writerly snippets, encouragement for everyday life, and a whole collection of names & their meanings.

welcome to my blog

social media icons 2

Search

category 1

Reviews

category 2

Names

category 3

Encouragement

One Good Thing || & A Blog Tag #MyFirstPostRevisited

Happy Saturday, all!  
You've made it! You've survived to see the weekend! God is so good, is He not? :]

Something my in-laws have started when we're all together at the dinner table is to name one good thing that happened to you during that day/week.  All too often, we focus on the negative and what does it do to our mood?  Y'all know the answer.

So.  What is one good thing that has happened to you this week?

For me, I received a beta manuscript for a sweet lady's soon-to-be published historical fiction novel.  It's her debut, and she contacted me (having heard of yours truly through some of my extended fam), asking if I'd be willing to be a beta reader.  Of course, that was a definite YES!  So, I'm excited to begin reading her story in the coming weeks.

> > > > > < < < < <



Another thing for me:  I been tagged!  Thank you to Catherine, of The Rebelling Muse, for passing this on to me.  It's been AGES since last I've participated in such a thing.  

Anyways, as a disclaimer, this tag will be extremely brief on my part.  Simply because the very first post I ever published on this particular blog, way back in 2012 O___O was a greeting and invitation to my "Grande Opening."  Previously, I had blogged on a different site called Maidens of Virtue - shared by myself and my two younger sisters.  It's still up to see, but sadly no longer active.

{RULES}
1. No cheating. You must highlight your first post. Not your second post, not one you love...the first post only!
2. Link back to the person who tagged you (thank them if you feel like it, or if not, set loose a bunch of ladybugs on them)
3. Cut and past your old post into a new post or reblog your old post. Either way, NO EDITING.
4. Put the hashtag #MyFirstPostRevisited in your title.
5. Tag five (5) other bloggers to take up this challenge.
6. Notify your tags in the comment section of their blog (don't just hope they notice a pingback somewhere in their spam).
7. Feel free to cut and past the badge (picture) to use in your post.  (I took the liberty of re-vamping the original tag image, because I felt it was too difficult to read - at least for me. . . No offense at all to the designer!)
8. Include the "rules" in your post.



> > > > > < < < < <

So, here goes:

Welcome to the grande opening of my new blog!

I decided to create a new place in which to write, journal, review books and films, and record other such awesome and interesting stuff about myself.  I would eventually like to post a short story or two each month as well.

So, stay tuned and come back for a visit!


Sarah


> > > > > < < < < <

O___O

There ya have it!  See? kinda boring.  But still, it gives me a look at the past to see how much my writing and blogging has grown over the years.  I have written much, I journal some, I still review books (that has CERTAINLY grown), and I'm still pretty awesome.  I have posted a short story (though now if I go back and read it again, I'm sure I might gag a little at my poor writing. . .).  

Anywho. . . moving on!

Now's where I get to tag others.   *Mwahahahaha*  If I don't tag you, don't take it personally -- go on and do it!  But lemme know, I'd love to read yours.  And if I do, don't feel obligated!  Please. :]

Tag! You're it!
1)  Christine @ Musings of an Elf
2)  Jameson @ Lovely Whatevers
3)  Katie Grace @ A Writer's Faith
4)  Ivie @ Ivie Writes
5)  Caroline @ Of Stars & Ink-Stained Things

> > > > > < < < < <
Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for tagging me! I've been avoiding this tag because first posts can be cringe worthy and mine definitely is, but I actually look forward to doing this. XD Thanks again. God bless! <3

    ~Ivie
    iviewrites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. *claps hands*

    I do like your title pic than the original...so much prettier and yes, it is easier to read :).

    The best things have small and humble beginnings *winks*

    Thank you for doing the tag!!!

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ivie: I agree! I didn't think mine was all that great... heheh. So glad you will! Can't wait to see it! And you are very welcome. :D

    Catherine: Awww, thanks! Yes, so true about humble beginnings. *^-^* Twas my pleasure! Thanks for passing it on to me! :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE the idea of the one good thing. I actually do something similar to that. I keep a one-sentence journal in which each night I write one sentence of something good that happened that day. That way, no matter how bad my day may have been, it shows me there can ALWAYS be joy found in every single day. ^_^

    AND THIS TAG!!! :D This is suuuch a fun idea! My first post is sooo immature and embarrassing, buuut I may just have to do this. It looks too fun to pass up! Hehe.

    Also, I totally remember your short story and absolutely enjoying it! ^_^

    Thank you for tagging me! <333

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, betareading is so much fun! That's definitely a great highlight to the week. :)

    Ooh, this tag looks so fun! I like how you introduced your blog in its first post and how you've created such a fun gathering place here! I always enjoy stopping by and reading your updates and thoughts.

    I actually don't remember very much about my first post on LW... It'll be interesting to look back and see what it was! Thanks for the tag!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To each is given a bag of tools,
A shapeless mass, and a book of rules,
And each must make, ere life is flown,
A stumbling block or a stepping stone.
-Anonymous-

ppl love these

February Snippets!
Here are some Snippets from last month.  These hail from my WIP Safia and another project I'm …
Name Reveal!
Happy November! I don't know about you, but as I sit & type up this little post, I have the …
Book Review | The Goblin Crown
Hello, lovelies!  Just now attempting to get back into the swing of things here in the blog world. …
Book Review | When Mountains Move
Well, no worries, my lovelies!  This review will be rather short.  Simply because. . . I didn'…