A Bookish Sarah

encouragement & bookish things

slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Sarah
Welcome, friend! Relax & rest awhile, if you please. I'm an ordinary girl, a follower of Christ, mama to Gabriel, Heidi, & Aidan; and wife to Evan. Here in this little space of the online world, I share all manner of bookish things, including full content reviews, writerly snippets, encouragement for everyday life, and a whole collection of names & their meanings.

welcome to my blog

social media icons 2

Search

category 1

Reviews

category 2

Names

category 3

Encouragement

A + A Friday!

I've had this in the drafts for WEEKS.  And at last!  It's finally here!!

AWKWARD
  • When a distant cousin of yours, that you rarely see, looks like a gnome. . . O_o What? Because of his beard! 
  • Yodeling rappers.  Never heard of 'em??  Yeah, well, me neither.  It just popped up in a deep discussion with my siblings one evening.
  • I NEED this on a t-shirt: 
  • Customers who chew tobacco. . . And nearly spit it all over you as you are trying to help them regarding what Bible to purchase.  XP
  • Poor Albert:
Don't tell me you didn't laugh aloud at this!!  Poor fella.
  • I'm the kind of girl who will rub her hands all over a sparkly gift bag at work and then run over to her co-worker and say, "Hold still!" while blowing it in her face.  It's GLITTER!!
  • When a kitty rubs up against your freshly clean and lotioned legs. . . 
  • When a random guy customer turns to you and says, "You know, you're very pretty."  You politely reply, "thank you," all the while thinking: Wait till my man hears this. . .  ;D


AWESOME
  • Dress shopping!!! 
  • When the lady customer is leaving your register and turns to say to you, "By the way, you are very beautiful." ^_^
  • I'm a beta reader for Ashley Townsend's newest addition to her Chasing Shadows trilogy! Defying Shadows.  So exciting!!! And by far, the best of the series.  :]
  • Spring has finally arrived!  Welcome, welcome, Warmer Weather!
  • My fiance and I own land!!  It is such an exciting feeling.  And we've been working on clearing it of the brush and trees in order to break ground and build within the next few weeks.  Pray for us?  Our goal is to have it completed by October!  Operation Overland. 
  • My Etsy shop is SLOWLY making progress.  It is not currently live yet, as I am working to stock it first, but hopefully it will be soon!  Time to buckle down and GET 'ER DONE, girl!
  • Howl's Moving Castle MOVING figure!
  • YAY!! I actually did it! A new A+A post! That's awesome-ness in it's self.  ;D


Thank you for reading, dearies! 

What were some of your awkwards/awesomes this week?


xxx,
Sarah

Comments

  1. *contemplates yodeling rappers* I just...I can't not wonder how that would sound? ;)

    Oh, dear! Poor Albert! Hehehe!

    Operation Overland is so exciting! Praying for you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting, Jameson! Haha, yes! If every you hear of one, lemme know... xD And thank you, girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A new A+A Friday! *SQUEALS*

    Yodeling...rappers? OH MY WORD. I need to hear this! If only. XD

    You and Evan are going to build your first home? Is that what you're doing? BECAUSE THAT IS THE SWEETEST THING. Absolutely will be praying for that exciting venture!

    I saw that Howl's Moving Castle figure on Pinterest once and just about died. I NEEDS IT, PRECIOUSSS.

    You doing a new A+A Friday is definitely awesomeness in itself. I was so excited to see this!

    Hope this coming week is a wonderful one for you. <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To each is given a bag of tools,
A shapeless mass, and a book of rules,
And each must make, ere life is flown,
A stumbling block or a stepping stone.
-Anonymous-

ppl love these

February Snippets!
Here are some Snippets from last month.  These hail from my WIP Safia and another project I'm …
Name Reveal!
Happy November! I don't know about you, but as I sit & type up this little post, I have the …
Book Review | The Goblin Crown
Hello, lovelies!  Just now attempting to get back into the swing of things here in the blog world. …
Book Review | When Mountains Move
Well, no worries, my lovelies!  This review will be rather short.  Simply because. . . I didn'…