A Bookish Sarah

encouragement & bookish things

slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Sarah
Welcome, friend! Relax & rest awhile, if you please. I'm an ordinary girl, a follower of Christ, mama to Gabriel, Heidi, & Aidan; and wife to Evan. Here in this little space of the online world, I share all manner of bookish things, including full content reviews, writerly snippets, encouragement for everyday life, and a whole collection of names & their meanings.

welcome to my blog

social media icons 2

Search

category 1

Reviews

category 2

Names

category 3

Encouragement

Liebster Award!

This post has been in the drafts for WEEKS.  Agh, I'd simply forgotten about it. . .  Heheh. . .

I'm not sure how many times I've received this award, but it makes me feel loved to have lost count!  Thanks goes to Bethan, from Think. Read. Write. Dream., for awarding me. :]

source

RULES
- Post eleven facts about yourself.
- Answer the eleven questions provided by the person who nominated you and then create an eleven-question set for the next group of nominees.
- Choose eleven people to nominate and link them in the post.
- Let your nominees know they've been tagged - and no tag-backs!


LE FACTS
1.  I would one day wish to own an Irish Wolfhound (and name him Fitz.) Or maybe a Siberian Husky. . .
2.  I turned 22 on July 23rd.
3.  I love just about anything and everything to do with a Nautical theme.  :]
4.  I stand five foot five inches.
5.  My biggest fear is to see big animals at night, usually dogs. . .
6.  I've always wanted to go to Australia.
7.  I just purchased my first pair of mild prescription glasses last month.  (Mind you, they are merely my part-time spectacles.  ;D You know, for driving, and such.)
8.  I am currently reading a fiction book that includes football and special ops.  O_o Who knew they could put those two together and come out with a pretty awesome series?
9.  My computer's name is Jarvis.
10.  I love poetry.
11.  I collect Names.  :]


BETHAN'S QUESTIONS
1. What colour are your eyes and what colour is your hair?
          My eyes are hazel, a mixture of brown and green.  And I am a brunette!  I love my brown hair.  :]
2. Which author would you like to collaborate on a book with?
          Wow.  This thought has never crossed my mind before. . . Hmm.  I would've loved to have met the Western author, Louis L'Amour, in his prime and help co-write a classic Western.  It would have been awesome to hear the stories of what he had done, where he had traveled, and all his acquired knowledge, then to add it to a book!  Alas, he passed on in 1988.
Pinterest

3. Who is your fictional boyfriend?
          Oh my.  I've never had a boyfriend (and never will probably), dating is over-rated.  But I won't go into that. . . [Haha! I saw that!  You sighed in relief.  *winks*]  Anyway, IF I based the prince of my dreams on one man, it would be. . . Wait for it. . . Captain America!  (Surprised?) 
4. Do you like floral print?
          Yes, actually.  It is pretty and vintage-y.
5. If you could have dinner with 10 fictional characters (films, TV shows, books, any fictional character) who would you choose?
          Oh dear.  CAPTAIN AMERICA.  Bilbo Baggins.  Lizzie Bennett.  Hiccup and Toothless (they count as one).  :]  Rapunzel.  Echo Sackett.  Aslan.  Sokka.  Belle.  Aragorn and Arwen.
6. What is one of your favourite songs at the moment?
          Masquerade by Jonathan Thulin (pro. too-leen).  Also his song, Coat of Arms.  Awesome!
7. Are you going on holiday this summer? If you are, where are you going?
        My family and I always take a week-long vacation up in the mountains.  We tent-camp, people!  Do you even know what that is anymore?  ;D
8. Which social media site do you use the most?
          Erm, Pinterest.  Blogger.  Gmail.  Yeah.
9. What are your hopes and dreams?
          To one day get married, be a wife and mother.  ^__^
10. Would you rather read inside or outside?
          Oo.  Depends on the weather.  On gorgeous days, I'll be outside.  On cold weather days, of course, inside, snuggled up in a blanket.  
11. What book have you read that had a really great message? What was the message?
          That's a difficult one.  Surprisingly, nothing comes to mind, although I've read TONS of books with great lessons and morals.  


Thank you again, Bethan.  :]  And thanks for stopping by, dear readers.  Hope you enjoyed this!

Alas, I have not the time to come up with a set of questions. . . So, whoever wishes to try this out, you can use the questions from Bethan or come up with your own.  If you participate, leave a comment to let me know! I'd love to read your post.  :]

Fairfarren, for now, my friends.

 photo sarahsignature_zps5172c7cd.png

Comments

  1. Captain America..now how did I know you would mention him? Hahaha!
    I think it would be awesome to go to Australia as well and maybe swing by New Zealand to see the Bilbo's house!


    I couldn't find your email so I used that new messenger on pinterest, just wanted to make sure you saw it!


    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To each is given a bag of tools,
A shapeless mass, and a book of rules,
And each must make, ere life is flown,
A stumbling block or a stepping stone.
-Anonymous-

ppl love these

February Snippets!
Here are some Snippets from last month.  These hail from my WIP Safia and another project I'm …
Name Reveal!
Happy November! I don't know about you, but as I sit & type up this little post, I have the …
Book Review | The Goblin Crown
Hello, lovelies!  Just now attempting to get back into the swing of things here in the blog world. …
Book Review | When Mountains Move
Well, no worries, my lovelies!  This review will be rather short.  Simply because. . . I didn'…