A Bookish Sarah

encouragement & bookish things

slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Sarah
Welcome, friend! Relax & rest awhile, if you please. I'm an ordinary girl, a follower of Christ, mama to Gabriel, Heidi, & Aidan; and wife to Evan. Here in this little space of the online world, I share all manner of bookish things, including full content reviews, writerly snippets, encouragement for everyday life, and a whole collection of names & their meanings.

welcome to my blog

social media icons 2

Search

category 1

Reviews

category 2

Names

category 3

Encouragement

In the words of Fripsky von Ciggatron, "Do tell!"

Life happens.  Ya know?  Because obviously, I've been absent ALL week long.  *bawls*  And *sobs* I've missed another A+A post!!  Gah.  You should be used to this by now.  :]  So here's just a little hullo of my happenings, or if you get technical with me, my, um, EXCUSES. . .

Firstly, the annual, family camping trip is closing in fast!  And I cannot wait!  I keep seeing visions of relaxing in my new hammock, oodles of books to read, singings by the campfire, and biking 'round the lake.  *sighs longingly*  Due to this, we took a day trip to the mountains last Friday to pick a camp site.  Then drove to the nearby Bald River Falls, hiked to the top, waded in the cold, mountain river-water, and took lots o' pictures.  What a lovely day.  :]

Had a quiet weekend, until Tuesday morning's early workout at a friend's house where I was doing this awesome move called The Gladiator, a karate jump followed by a driving fist to the floor. . . Well, I jumped, landed wrong on my left foot, heard a vicious POP! and came down hard on my *cough* sit-upon.  Resulting in a painful sprain and hopefully nothing worse (I'm not one for going for a visit to the doc).  Yeah, yeah, blame it on weak ankles.  -_-

The next big thing on our agenda is the Sportsman's Rally! hosted every other year by my church, Clearwater Baptist.


This is a huge event featuring archery, rock climbing, skeet shooting, face-painting, and much more.  I hear we are even adding a hatchet-throwing contest. . . My sisters and I are in charge of face-painting.  :]  Admission is $5 per person, with exception for small children.  If you live in my area, don't hesitate to stop by for a full day of fun and ministry!  You can click the links or image above to find directions.  Don't miss it!

Also, this Sunday as well as the next, my siblings and I are performing in song and dance at two local churches.  I dislike asking for prayer for myself, because I feel so selfish, but no need is too small, right?  And God welcomes every request.  So, please keep me in your prayers that my injury will heal quickly!

And now for some bad news. . . My BRAND NEW LAPTOP is . . . not WORKING!!  NOOOOOO!!!!  So sad.  I just bought it less than a month ago, and now it won't even turn on when I press the power button.  Honestly, this is probably the top reason for all the missed posts.  Ah well, hopefully after a call to the manufacturer it will get straightened out soon.

Thanks for stopping by and for putting up with me.  And for faithfully following my randomness.  :]

Oh, I nearly forgot!  "It's starting already.  Lost a memory.  Next it'll be something I really value. . . Like my hat."  (Haha, sorry.  Quote from Wizard Fenworth, from The Vanishing Sculptor by Donita K. Paul.)  I mean, I nearly forgot to explain the post title.  It's a quote from Oskar N. Reteep of the Wingfeather Saga by Andrew Peterson.  :] Such a great series!  Look 'em up sometime.  So worth it!

 Fairfarren, my friends.

 photo sarahsignature_zps5172c7cd.png

Comments

  1. Don't worry about being absent! Life happens to all of us, everyone understand that. But oh no! Your brand new computer isn't working? D: That's horrible! I do hope you can figure out what's wrong.

    I always feel bad asking for prayers for myself as well. But then I have to remind myself that's what we're here for, to lift up and pray for one another. So we should never be ashamed in asking. And I will definitely be praying for you. I'm so sorry you got hurt! Will absolutely be praying that it gets better very quickly.

    THE WIZARD FENWORTH QUOTE. I recognized it right away. One of my top favorite quotes. LOVE IT! XD

    I've wanted to read the Wingfeather Saga for a while. Now I want to even MORE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, dear Lauri, you are too sweet! Thank you so much!!

    Oh, I know! Fenworth has to be one of the best characters EVER. And as for the Wingfeather saga, I can't wait to read the fourth addition! But I haven't been able to find it anywhere (at least for my kind of price. heheh)... Soon, dear book, soon.

    Thanks for commenting! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To each is given a bag of tools,
A shapeless mass, and a book of rules,
And each must make, ere life is flown,
A stumbling block or a stepping stone.
-Anonymous-

ppl love these

February Snippets!
Here are some Snippets from last month.  These hail from my WIP Safia and another project I'm …
Name Reveal!
Happy November! I don't know about you, but as I sit & type up this little post, I have the …
Book Review | The Goblin Crown
Hello, lovelies!  Just now attempting to get back into the swing of things here in the blog world. …
Book Review | When Mountains Move
Well, no worries, my lovelies!  This review will be rather short.  Simply because. . . I didn'…