A Bookish Sarah

encouragement & bookish things

slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Sarah
Welcome, friend! Relax & rest awhile, if you please. I'm an ordinary girl, a follower of Christ, mama to Gabriel, Heidi, & Aidan; and wife to Evan. Here in this little space of the online world, I share all manner of bookish things, including full content reviews, writerly snippets, encouragement for everyday life, and a whole collection of names & their meanings.

welcome to my blog

social media icons 2

Search

category 1

Reviews

category 2

Names

category 3

Encouragement

A + A Saturday!

Once again, it is Saturday.  But I knew for sure I wasn't going to be able to post this yesterday.  It was a full day for sure, but wonderful all the same.  :]  Isn't God good?  Especially when we are stressed out?

So, as a result, this is lazily put together.  Still, hope you enjoy!


AWKWARD
  • Seeing those saggy-britches boys waddling along like penguins through town.
  • Sleeping in the bottom bunk bed--you are nearly asleep until your sister moves above you making a ginormous creaking sound and you startle awake:  THE SKY IS FALLING!!! ABANDON SHIP!!!
  • When you are driving up a cousin's rough, gravel driveway at night and you see their dog running alongside your car--then you hit a HUGE bump and your sister screams, "Did you hit it??" and you reassure her after your burst of laughter, that no, you did not run over the dog.
  • This isn't so much awkward as it is HILARIOUS! I have to share this GIF:

  • Getting bit by a kitten while you are trying to save its life (poor thing got its leg stuck in a stool), then coming close to passing out. . . O_o (Unfortunately, this is not the first time. . . But embarrassing all the same, because your mother has to tell EVERYONE the story at least once.)
  • Gah.  Running out of awkwards. . . Again.  *crickets*


AWESOME
  • When someone says your chocolate chip cookies are "almost too perfect."  *beams*
  • Reaping 35 dozen ears of corn in ONE morning.  (My grandmother and mother froze a good bit of it, then we sold and gave some more away.)
  • English Breakfast tea.
  • Wyler's [Authentic] Italian Ices--perfect for a hot Summer day.  :]  Love me some kiwi-watermelon. 
  • Making blueberry pancakes with fresh blueberries.  *yum*  And receiving over a gallon of them from friends.
  • When an older family friend comments on seeing your drawings on Instagram. 
  • This original quote from moi:  "One defeat is not worthy of surrender.  At times, failure is necessary to gain strength.  Without defeat, we are weak.  We would learn nothing from the mistakes needed in order to go on."  :]  Isn't it brilliant?  I know, I know.  I'm bragging. . . (Jaron says this is my short story "All in a Day's Work.")



 photo sarahsignature_zps5172c7cd.png

Comments

  1. Hey Sarah!! I'm a new follower! Wonderful blog:) Here is the link to mine: http://castleintheair-inspired.blogspot.com/
    xxLizzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh.my.gosh. That gif!!! Too funny! Haha, Sarah you probably scared that kitten for life!
    and..ummm....your chocolate chipe cookies ARE perfect..I agree with your friend! I saw you posted a picture of them on instagram and I swear when I saw them I licked the screen...

    I might have to steal your idea on these Awkward and Awesome posts, if you don't mind.

    The only problem would be my Awkward would outweigh my Awesome by a ton...ooops!

    Loved this post!

    -Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Lizzie! So glad to have you :] Thanks for following!! I will definitely check out your blog.

    Morgan: BAHAHAHA! You licked the screen?!? Oh my, wow. That's a first. You are too sweet!

    Go right ahead, I'd love to read your own A + A posts! (It's actually not even my original idea...heheh I got it from the Fresh Modesty blog). And it's totally okay if one outweighs the other!

    Thanks for commenting, ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I've nominated you for the Liebster Award. :)
    Go over to my blog - thinkreadwritedream.blogspot.com - for your questions!

    xoxo,
    Bethan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, love your quote! And, please can I have a few blueberry pancakes and chocolate chip cookies? I'm craving for just that/those.
    Love your awkward/awesome posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bethan: Aw, thank you, dearie!! :D

    Tane: Thanks! Haha, I'm afraid the best I can do is send you a virtual (or otherwise) imaginary bundle of sweets... heheh, sorry!

    Thanks for commenting, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an enjoyable post! Thanks for making my day happier.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, you are too kind, Kathryn! It's such a pleasure to do these :]

    Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To each is given a bag of tools,
A shapeless mass, and a book of rules,
And each must make, ere life is flown,
A stumbling block or a stepping stone.
-Anonymous-

ppl love these

February Snippets!
Here are some Snippets from last month.  These hail from my WIP Safia and another project I'm …
Name Reveal!
Happy November! I don't know about you, but as I sit & type up this little post, I have the …
Book Review | The Goblin Crown
Hello, lovelies!  Just now attempting to get back into the swing of things here in the blog world. …
Book Review | When Mountains Move
Well, no worries, my lovelies!  This review will be rather short.  Simply because. . . I didn'…