Sunday, February 12, 2017

What's in a Name?

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day!  So in honor of this holiday of love, the following names have "love" in their meanings in some way or other.


Rudo
M & F | Southern African, Shono

Means "love" in Shono.


Ahava
F | Hebrew

Means "love" in Hebrew.














Carwyn
M | Welsh

Means "blessed love" from the Welsh elements caru "love" and gywn meaning "fair, white, blessed."

Manami
F | Japanese
mah-nah-mee

From Japanese mana meaning "love, affection" combined with mi meaning "beautiful" or "sea, ocean."








Photos via Pinterest.
Names & Meanings via behindthename.com.

2 comments:

Christine Smith said...

I hope you had a wonderful first Valentine's as a married lady! ^_^

I love the theme you chose for this. These are all so pretty! But CARWYN. I love that. o.o I need to write that one down. I don't know why, I just instantly fell in love with this name!

Sarah Elizabeth said...

I did! It was so lovely and I had a ton of pics for Instagram :D Hope you had a lovely Valentine's also!

I know! I just love unique names, and that's definitely unique!