A Bookish Sarah

encouragement & bookish things

slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Sarah
Welcome, friend! Relax & rest awhile, if you please. I'm an ordinary girl, a follower of Christ, mama to Gabriel, Heidi, & Aidan; and wife to Evan. Here in this little space of the online world, I share all manner of bookish things, including full content reviews, writerly snippets, encouragement for everyday life, and a whole collection of names & their meanings.

welcome to my blog

social media icons 2

Search

category 1

Reviews

category 2

Names

category 3

Encouragement

A+A Friday!

Welcome, welcome!  I can't believe it's already time for another A+A post. . . These Fridays keep flying by!
AWKWARD
  • Leaving Walmart and walking through the parking lot to your car when you pass by a guy sitting in his own car picking his nose AND eating it too!  O_O Then your husband says, "Yep, that's what guys do!"
  • Trying out a new restaurant and standing there looking at the menu above the registers FOREVER before finally deciding what you want.  I mean, a burger's a burger, right?? Or in this case, a BBQ char-broiled chicken sammich with fries AND onion rings. Yum!
  • Sitting at a stop light waiting for green and you catch the eye of the chubby passenger kid in the vehicle on your left.  You give a half-smile, not wishing to seem weird in any way, but also not wanting to be rude, and fervently wish you had never looked.  O_o
  • Putting lotion on your legs when you're COLD.  (Too much info? I sorry!)
  • Discovering all of these awesome writing prompts and getting so inspired to write something for some kind of story or WIP (work-in-progress) then sitting down with pad and paper, and NOTHING COMES.  >.<
  • Punny-ness!! I'll probably have a cheesy joke/quote/phrase every week now. . . xD
  • This cute comic! That's exactly what I do:
Pinterest
AWESOME
  • Operation Overland UPDATE:  Carpet was installed yesterday!!!
  • Inspirational quote:
  • Heading the plans and preparations for my sister's wedding shower. . . So much to do!  But it's fun and most certainly exciting.  :D
  • Trying out a new fast-food restaurant--Cookout!--with your husband and a sister and really liking it!  Then going to Overland to check out the new carpet and talking for a couple hours about EVERYTHING: vacation ideas, camping, hiking, house planning, decorating colors, etc.
  • Requesting a couple movies from the library: The Prince of Egypt and Kiki's Delivery Service. [And because they are inter-library loans, I have them for THREE weeks instead of one!!!]
  • Slowly getting my Etsy shoppe together. . . And finding new ideas to add to it!
  • Going to my parent's house to watch Hawaii 5-0 on Friday evenings.  Awesome show!
  • Planning a lovely Valentine's dinner. . . :] <3  Our first as husband and wife!!!
  • When you've married a "Yankee" (my husband is from Massachusetts), you're loyalties may change--or find a new favorite!  So guess which team I rooted for at Super Bowl 51??  :D  And AMAZINGLY they won!!!
So, how was your week?  Any awkwards for you?  Have a punny joke you'd like to share??
Fairfarren, for now!
Sarah

Comments

  1. I love Cook Out! Ewww, the Walmart one was so gross! HA!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To each is given a bag of tools,
A shapeless mass, and a book of rules,
And each must make, ere life is flown,
A stumbling block or a stepping stone.
-Anonymous-

ppl love these

February Snippets!
Here are some Snippets from last month.  These hail from my WIP Safia and another project I'm …
Name Reveal!
Happy November! I don't know about you, but as I sit & type up this little post, I have the …
Book Review | The Goblin Crown
Hello, lovelies!  Just now attempting to get back into the swing of things here in the blog world. …
Book Review | When Mountains Move
Well, no worries, my lovelies!  This review will be rather short.  Simply because. . . I didn'…