A Bookish Sarah

encouragement & bookish things

slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Sarah
Welcome, friend! Relax & rest awhile, if you please. I'm an ordinary girl, a follower of Christ, mama to Gabriel, Heidi, & Aidan; and wife to Evan. Here in this little space of the online world, I share all manner of bookish things, including full content reviews, writerly snippets, encouragement for everyday life, and a whole collection of names & their meanings.

welcome to my blog

social media icons 2

Search

category 1

Reviews

category 2

Names

category 3

Encouragement

For the Sake of Updating...

Yes.  For the sake of updating, I decided to do a random post... (another?!?)  You know, just to give you an idea of what's been going on 'round here.

Life at the house has been a little languid the past few days.  Spring-time sickness has come around and I have just now got over it.  Thank You, Lord!  But Ma, on the other hand, is still in bed with cold and a bit of the pink eye.  Nasty stuff, it is.  Please pray for fast recovery!  No one likes to be sick.

Some more cheerful news: 
I won second place in the Secret Story Contest!!!  Yay!  I so happy. ^ _ ^  To refresh your memory, you can click the pic at your right to see my entry or click this link, and it will take you to the final results where you can check out the other winner's and their great entries.  =]  Please do, I believe they were well earned.

Random fact:  right now I am staring out of the French doors of our dining room and watching millions of tiny snowflakes blur all around the house.  Yep.  Snow!  In Spring!  I can't tell you how much I wish the Spring weather would hurry on, but it still gives me a thrill to see our house looking as if we were in a snow-globe   Although the flakes are not laying on the ground, it is still a beauty to see them swirling all around.

And guess what??  Quite a while ago, we pre-ordered The Hobbit on 2-disc Special Edition (from Amazon) and just received it in the mail today!  I admit we were a bit disappointed that it didn't come on the date it would appear on DVD (March 19th), which kind of made it seem pointless to even pre-order... when we didn't get it by then... But anywho, some great friends of ours, who had also ordered it online and received it before, invited us and another family for a movie night this past Friday!  We watched it then and had a great time of fellowship and yummy food.  The movie was great, too, of course!  (My siblings and I just finished watching half of the Special Features on the making of The Hobbit, being as today is one of those lazy-to-cold-to-do-anything-outside-days...)


Also, hop on over to Maidens of Virtue to read my sister's first installment of an Easter short story she's written.  As of right now, she has no title for it, but it is really good.  And I'm not just saying that 'cause she's my sister... She has a great style of writing, one that draws you in.

Also, I've been mentioning, every now and then, about posting short stories on this here blog.  Well, I am pleased to announce Peder's story is nearly ready!  It is currently undergoing some serious editing, but I hope to have the first chapter posted by next week.  And yes, I did say chapter... I repeat, it is a short story, though it's turned out a bit longer than my first intention.  Don't forget to check back!

Thanks for the visit!

post signature

Comments

  1. I love random posts. <3 You totally deserved it!! :) I had the HARDEST TIME IN THE WORLD picking first second, and third..... you wouldn't believe...... =P haha love that picture of Bilbo. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Storyteller!!!
    ^ _ ^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! :) I love your blog!

    ~ Jess
    whispersofthewind15.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by, Jess! =D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To each is given a bag of tools,
A shapeless mass, and a book of rules,
And each must make, ere life is flown,
A stumbling block or a stepping stone.
-Anonymous-

ppl love these

February Snippets!
Here are some Snippets from last month.  These hail from my WIP Safia and another project I'm …
Name Reveal!
Happy November! I don't know about you, but as I sit & type up this little post, I have the …
Book Review | The Goblin Crown
Hello, lovelies!  Just now attempting to get back into the swing of things here in the blog world. …
Book Review | When Mountains Move
Well, no worries, my lovelies!  This review will be rather short.  Simply because. . . I didn'…