A Bookish Sarah

encouragement & bookish things

slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Sarah
Welcome, friend! Relax & rest awhile, if you please. I'm an ordinary girl, a follower of Christ, mama to Gabriel, Heidi, & Aidan; and wife to Evan. Here in this little space of the online world, I share all manner of bookish things, including full content reviews, writerly snippets, encouragement for everyday life, and a whole collection of names & their meanings.

welcome to my blog

social media icons 2

Search

category 1

Reviews

category 2

Names

category 3

Encouragement

Hello, July! Month Wrap Up + Encouragement



Welcome, friends!  Long time no see!  HA.
This is totally MY BAD as I truly did NOT mean to disappear this past month, but a LOT has happened lately.

All good things!

I'd LOVE to share with you a brief wrap-up of this month as well as the goings on & what my July is gonna look like.  



JUNE
WRITINGS
Unfortunately, this area of life has taken a huge step to the side.  Eventually, I hope to merge it back into my every day life---a brief bit of time each day---but for now, it's all on hold.  And that said, I'm not partaking of Camp NaNo this July, and honestly not sure what NaNoWriMo in November will look like at this point.  We shall see!

I still LOVE to writing.  I still have stories in head that I desire to put on paper.  And I still LOVE those stories, but right now, I've got other priorities.  :]

BLOG
Announcing an OFFICIAL hiatus for the rest of July & most likely August.  With the exception of some book reviews that take priority (thanks to the publishers & Netgalley), you will see me very little here in the blogosphere.

I'll still be around!  But not actively, and I'm not sure I'll be able to keep up with all my favorite blogs either.  That should change eventually.  This hiatus is a MUCH NEEDED break from my goals in blogging regularly, and will free up my mental energy to pursue another adventure...

LIFE
NEW JOB!
I just began a brand new adventure at the end of June as a Brand Ambassador for shampoo!! (of all things)  But GUYSSSSS.  If you recall me gushing over this book & its characters and a certain magical Elven shampoo---WELL, I found the REAL deal in real life!

I'm now a part of the MONAT family, a Market Partner for the no.1 hair & skin care line in the WORLD.  We are such a baby company having begun about six years ago, but growing as fast (or even faster) than Instagram!  It's amazing!!! And I'm soooooooo excited to share it with you.  

If you have hair goals that seem to fall further & further away, or are never really attainable no matter what you try, or other such issues with hair loss, damage, split-ends, etc, then GUYSSSSS---I can help you!  This is the first line of shampoo & haircare products that I actually believe in.  

And before you say, "Oh, she's another one of those perky saleswomen tryin' to get money outta me," PLEASE KNOW, I would NEVER push or pressure you on something.  I'm here to be personable & to serve.  :]

So ask yourself:
What is one thing you would change about your hair?

And then contact me either through the blog's contact form, or find me on Instagram or Facebook!  I'll be sharing consistently about all the things.  :D


FAMILY
All that said, 
Gabriel turns two years old come the end of August!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!  I can't believe how times flies, y'all.  But he is the sweetest, cutest, most adorable little blessing I've ever been given.  <3



JULY/AUGUST
(As mentioned above...)
Announcing a month-long (or so) hiatus.
I hope to keep posting those on both Wednesdays & Fridays, or one or the other---however many I deem necessary.  :]

> > > > > < < < < <

This year has been CRAZY.  And I'm sure you can relate to that.  Honestly, I'm not worried as I know our Lord has all under control & He will provide for His people.  We are not called to be fearful.

Contrary to what others say in their attempts to comfort:
It is NOT okay to be afraid.

Are you a child of God? 
Do you not trust Him entirely with your life?

Yes, sickness & death is scary, but if you have the hope of Heaven, then you have something beyond your wildest imagination & comprehension to look forward to!!  Life there will NEVER be dull.  It's there we will learn to truly LIVE.  And the best thing of all is we'll finally be Home with our Lord Jesus.

That fact just BLOWS MY MIND.  How beautiful a Hope to live with here on Earth!

So, for today, I'll leave you with that encouragement.  

Do not be fearful.

"I have said these things to you, that in Me you may have peace.  In the world you will have trouble.  But take heart, I have overcome the world."
- John 16:33, ESV -
(emphasis added)

Comments

  1. Thank you for this lovely update! I'm still SO thrilled for you with your new job and I do hope it goes wonderfully!!!

    July seems to be the month of hiatuses! Lol. I'm going on one and you're the 3rd or 4th other person I've seen who is as well. But I think the midyear point is a great time to recharge and prepare for tackling the second half of the year. So I do hope you have an absolutely beautiful, refreshing, refilling hiatus! <333

    And THANK YOU for the encouragement. It's so needed right now. You are absolutely right that we should not be afraid, that God is still in control and in Him there is eternal peace and comfort. YES AND AMEN. You always share words that are so needed. <3

    Have a wonderful rest of July, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, girlie!

      Yes, haha, it does! xD I totally agree. And I hope you have a fabulous, relaxing hiatus as well!!! <3

      Thanks, dearie! The encouragement is certainly for myself more than anyone else, but I'm sooo happy it's uplifting to you also. *^ - ^*

      And you, too, dear Christine!!! <333

      Delete

Post a Comment

To each is given a bag of tools,
A shapeless mass, and a book of rules,
And each must make, ere life is flown,
A stumbling block or a stepping stone.
-Anonymous-

ppl love these

February Snippets!
Here are some Snippets from last month.  These hail from my WIP Safia and another project I'm …
Name Reveal!
Happy November! I don't know about you, but as I sit & type up this little post, I have the …
Book Review | The Goblin Crown
Hello, lovelies!  Just now attempting to get back into the swing of things here in the blog world. …
Book Review | When Mountains Move
Well, no worries, my lovelies!  This review will be rather short.  Simply because. . . I didn'…