A Bookish Sarah

encouragement & bookish things

slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Sarah
Welcome, friend! Relax & rest awhile, if you please. I am an ordinary gal, a follower of Christ, mama to Gabriel, Heidi, & Aidan; and wife to Evan. Here on this little blog, I share all manner of bookish things, including full content reviews, writerly snippets, encouragement for everyday life, and a whole collection of names & their meanings.

welcome to my blog

social media icons 2

Search

category 1

Reviews

category 2

Names

category 3

Encouragement

What's in a Name?


Happy Monday, all!

Aside from the everyday usuals of household/mama-life duties, attempting to walk more often, and the like, I'm prepping for a beloved little boy's FIRST birthday party at the end of the month.

I'm BEYOND excited!  Themed parties are so much fun, and I've decided to do a DINO theme, y'all.  It's gonna be ADORBSSSSS.  I plan to share photos, of course.

How goes your August, friend?  :]

> > > > > < < < < <

In the meantime,
Enjoy these fresh new names, me lovelies.

> > > > > < < < < <

Kase
M & F | English

Variant of Case, which is the short form of Casey, derived from an Irish surname meaning "descendant of Cathasach."  The name Cathasach means "vigilant" in Irish.


Mariposa
F | Spanish
ma-ree-PO-sah (Spanish), MARE-i-po-sah (English)

From the Spanish word for "butterfly."



Shafin
M | English (rare)
SHAY-finn

Meaning unknown.

Tallaney
F | English (rare)
ta-LAY-nee

Meaning & origin unknown.


Wymond
M | Medieval English

Middle English form of the Old English name Wigmund, from the elements wig "battle" and mund "protector."


Chasity
F | English

Variant of Chastity, from the English word of the same spelling, which ultimately comes from Latin castus "pure."  









Names & meanings via behindthename.com.
Photos via Pinterest.

> > > > > > > > > > < < < < < < < < < <

Talk to me!  What do you think of this set?
I love Mariposa!! <3

Comments

  1. OH MY GRACIOUS I LOOOOOVE THIS SET OF NAMES. Kase and Tallaney especially. Those. Are. So. Great. :O *rushes to write them down* I literally may have to use Tallaney for my next novel. It's so fun! I've also ALWAYS adored the name Charity. That's one I've on multiple occasions considered naming a character. It'll probably actually happen one day! Haha.

    I can't believe your little boy is turning A YEAR OLD. :O SO PRECIOUS. Happy almost birthday to him! <333 You will definitely have to share pics of the decorations. I just know it's going to look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHH! YESSSSS, do it! I need to see a character named Tallaney & what she'll be like. And I agree, Kase is pretty cool. :D And Chasity is sweet!

      I KNOWWWW. I can't believe it! Thank you, dear girl! <3

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I'm definitely going to have to save Tallaney and Kase for future characters! I LOVE those.

    A dino-themed party sound so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes PLEASE!! Do it!! I so look forward to hearing of these characters *rubs hands together* xD

      Thanks! I'm so excited xDDD

      Delete

Post a Comment

To each is given a bag of tools,
A shapeless mass, and a book of rules,
And each must make, ere life is flown,
A stumbling block or a stepping stone.
-Anonymous-

ppl love these

February Snippets!
Here are some Snippets from last month.  These hail from my WIP Safia and another project I'm …
Book Review || The Memory Thief
I'm BACKKKKK! I truly did not mean to take such a long leave of absence from my blog, nor to neg…
Name Reveal!
Happy November! I don't know about you, but as I sit & type up this little post, I have the …
Book Review | When Mountains Move
Well, no worries, my lovelies!  This review will be rather short.  Simply because. . . I didn'…