A Bookish Sarah

encouragement & bookish things

slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Sarah
Welcome, friend! Relax & rest awhile, if you please. I'm an ordinary girl, a follower of Christ, mama to Gabriel, Heidi, & Aidan; and wife to Evan. Here in this little space of the online world, I share all manner of bookish things, including full content reviews, writerly snippets, encouragement for everyday life, and a whole collection of names & their meanings.

welcome to my blog

social media icons 2

Search

category 1

Reviews

category 2

Names

category 3

Encouragement

Be ENCOURAGED // Stand Strong


What is this world coming to?

I believe this is a question used quite often the past---what, century?---and now.  Especially with the most recent decisions and laws and bills passed from our very own states & government, it seems quite relevant a question to ask.  

I won't get into politics (truly because it's not something I fully understand), but I will say that our current president has done what very few (if any) have before him:  he is ACTIVELY doing what he can---despite all manner of obstacles---to take back America & make her the great country she once was.  

Politics are not usually something you'd read about on a little blog like this. . . But with all the media, false news, & recent events, I felt the need to BE encouragement---mainly because I need it myself.  

You'll find this post veers away from my usual Encouragement posts I share each Wednesday.  This topic weighs so heavily on my heart, I believe a call to action---a call to prayer is in order.  Something I've not done/am doing often enough.

Let's change that!  In prayer, there is power---the power of an almighty & awesome God.

In regard of New York's "Reproductive Health Act"---the abortion bill.
> > > > > < < < < <

In light of the outrageous bill passed by the state of New York, it is all the more clearer that the United States of America is no longer a moral nation.  It is no longer one nation UNDER GOD.  In my opinion, we are no different from other countries out there.  Sin runs rampant in the streets, whether it be day or night.  And freedom becomes more & more restricted every year.  This is true of ANY country, to be sure.  But how far WE have fallen from our foundations!  



> > > > > < < < < <

But I'm not here today to wear you down with the bad news.  Nor am I here to say absolutely everything will be alright and God will punish the evil by smiting EVERYONE responsible for all the sins committed by our country.  Because if that were to happen, no matter how good you & I deem ourselves, I'm not confident we will get by without any burns. . .

As Christians, our hearts should be broken over the lost-ness of our country.  What sorrow I felt upon hearing the heartbreaking decision of New York & its governor.  One state has gone this far, we may well see others follow, and who knows what else they'll see fit to change?

Regardless,

> > > Take heart.

Our God is mighty & faithful to protect those who ARE---not necessarily those who CLAIM to be---His children.  We are NEVER promised a care-free paradise in this corrupted, evil-consumed world.  But we are promised a Helper & refuge to find courage & strength to carry on.  To be His Light in an ever-darkening world.

> > > Stand strong.

STAND for your beliefs & convictions.  "Be on the alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.  Let all that you do be done in love." (1 Cor. 16:13-14)  This is, of course, far easier said than done.  But certainly not impossible.  We must stand firm against the powers of this world, even if it means standing alone.  Because guess what?  We're not alone!  NEVER alone.

> > > > > > > > > > < < < < < < < < < <

Be ENCOURAGED!
We serve a good King.  One who is faithful even when we fall short.  This world will bring much sorrow & disappointments.  But it is a relief to know the ultimate victory has already been won.

So.

Take heart!

and

Stand strong!

Comments

  1. Love this, Sarah, "Our God is mighty & faithful to protect those who ARE---not necessarily those who CLAIM to be---His children." Thank you for the encouragement that we are NEVER alone! I shall pray more intentionally for our nation and stand, even if I have to stand alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so pleased this little post has served its purpose---to encourage. It is a beautiful fact to know we don't have to face the trials of this world alone. I'm with you, friend! <3

      Delete
  2. Yes, these events have been so heartbreaking. Someone recently sent me a link to a prayer for our country in these devastating and deceive times. I'm going to share it here:

    https://dougwils.com/books-and-culture/s7-engaging-the-culture/a-prayer-for-governor-andrew-cuomo.html

    It was super powerful. Also, you mentioned not being into politics. I like to listen to The Briefing that Albert Mohler does every weekday (https://albertmohler.com/the-briefing) It covers a lot of relevant topics from a Christian worldview. I find it very helpful and it doesn't cover fake news.

    Emily | growingintofriends.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the links, Emily! I'm definitely checking them out. It's so difficult to find good resources & trusted websites these days. I use the Family Research Council (frc.org) & the American Family Association (AFA---afa.net) quite often.

      Thank you, dearie! I need that!! <3

      Delete
  3. I love your blog so glad I re found it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, girl. This post is so, so important right now. THANK YOU for saying something and sharing so much encouragement during such a dark time. You are so right that we need to take heart and stand strong. Our country may be in darkness, but that doesn't mean we have to be. In fact, it just means we should be spreading God's light all the more. Because our God is SO much bigger than any bill or country or dark times.

    Thank you for this reminder and encouraging us. I love your beautiful heart! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I just wish sometimes I could do more than SAY it here, ya know? Yes, yes, YES to this comment!

      *^ - ^* And I love yours! Keep shining His Light! <333

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much for this encouragement to take heart AND stand strong. It can be bewildering to know what to do, what one can possibly do, in the midst of such wickedness. But thank-you for this reminder that we can bolster one another, we can learn from other Christians. And most importantly of all, we can know that God IS in control and He IS greater than all evil around us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSSS. You hit it on the head, m'dear. Yes, yes, yes! So great a relief it is to know He's in control.

      Delete

Post a Comment

To each is given a bag of tools,
A shapeless mass, and a book of rules,
And each must make, ere life is flown,
A stumbling block or a stepping stone.
-Anonymous-

ppl love these

February Snippets!
Here are some Snippets from last month.  These hail from my WIP Safia and another project I'm …
Name Reveal!
Happy November! I don't know about you, but as I sit & type up this little post, I have the …
Book Review | The Goblin Crown
Hello, lovelies!  Just now attempting to get back into the swing of things here in the blog world. …
Book Review | When Mountains Move
Well, no worries, my lovelies!  This review will be rather short.  Simply because. . . I didn'…