A Bookish Sarah

encouragement & bookish things

slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Sarah
Welcome, friend! Relax & rest awhile, if you please. I'm an ordinary girl, a follower of Christ, mama to Gabriel, Heidi, & Aidan; and wife to Evan. Here in this little space of the online world, I share all manner of bookish things, including full content reviews, writerly snippets, encouragement for everyday life, and a whole collection of names & their meanings.

welcome to my blog

social media icons 2

Search

category 1

Reviews

category 2

Names

category 3

Encouragement

What's in a Name?

Happy Monday, all!  
How was your weekend, my friends?  Mine was good, though the hubby has come down with a head-cold and Gabe has been fussy due to minor tummy issues. . .

But other than that, Autumn weather has officially made it's appearance!  And while I'm ready for the sweaters, scarves, & boots, I've already done near froze in this sixty-odd/seventy-ish degree temps.  xD  Ha.  

As you can see, I'm making a valiant attempt to blog regularly.  And thanks to that, the Name posts have returned!  Who's excited??? *raises hand happily* Now, now, don't get too awful excited.  Save it for the awesome new films coming later this year and in the Spring.  :D :D :D (Nutcracker & the Four Realms?  The Grinch?  Fantastic Beasts, anyone??  Captain Marvel???  Mortal EnginesMary Poppins Returns?? How to Train Your Dragon #3??????  Aladdin???)

I tease.  :]  Read on for today's featured monikers. 

> > > > > > > > > > < < < < < < < < < <

Anson
M | English
AN-sen

From a surname, meaning "son of Agnes."



Navar
M & F | English
na-VAHR

A variant of NavarreUnknown meaning.


Farren
M | English (modern, rare)
FAR-en

Variant of Farran, an English surname which is derived from Old French ferrant, meaning "iron grey." 


Jenica
F | English (rare)
JEN-i-ka

From Jennica, a combination of Jennifer, (from Guinevere) "fair, white", & Jessica, (from Hebrew variant Iscah) "to behold."  You could say Jenica means "fair to behold."







> > > > > > > > > > < < < < < < < < < <

What do ya think, me fellow human beans?  Do you have a favorite name out of the four of these?  Honestly, I really like Navar, but I could see myself using any one of these in my stories.
Perhaps you're seeking a name with a specific meaning, or simply looking for something to fit a character in your WIP?  If so, shoot me a comment!  That's what these posts are for and I'd love to help you out.  :]

Have a great week, y'all!

Comments

  1. YAY!!! A name post!!! Hope your husband and Gabe are feeling better!

    Farren and Jenica are my two favorites in this post :) At the moment, I can't think of any names that I'm in need of....but I'll be sure to let you know if I do!!!!

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Both hubby and son are doing well now---thank you! :]

      Yes, love both of those!!

      Delete
  2. EEEEEEHHHHHHHH HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 3!!!!!!!! (I'm a fan if you couldn't tell. 😜)

    Anyway, THESE NAMES ARE GLORIOUS! I love it!!!!!

    I love these posts and I nearly freaked out to see another one pop up in my feed. SO EXCITED!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSSSSSSSSSSS. I'm dressing Gabe up as Hiccup for our church's Fall festival (and I've got a Build-a-Bear Toothless that's just his size!!).

      Thanks! ^ - ^

      Delete
  3. YAAAAY!!! I was literally thinking of these just the other day and hoped they'd be back! And oh my goodness, what a fantastic set of names! Especially Navar, yesss. o.o I may have to use that one for something! *rushes to jot it down* Thank you for these! :D

    Also I am SO pumped for the movies we're getting soon! Especially The Nutcracker! *SQUEALS* My sister and I have been excitedly screaming about that one since they gave us a teaser trailer in the early summer. XD We're way too excited. Haha. IT'S ALMOST HEEERE!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Awww, thanks! I just knew that sounded like a Christine-story name ;D Hope you use it!!

      YESSSSSSSSSSSSS. ALMOST HEEEEEEERRRRRE!!!

      Delete
  4. Lovely names, Sarah! I hope your family gets well soon. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dearie! And thanks! they are doing well ^ - ^

      Delete
  5. Hurray for Names posts! I'm excited. *raises hand* ;D And I am most impressed with how many (exceptional quality!) blog posts you have been sharing for us to enjoy! Not to say that is unexpected coming from you!! But giving you (possibly literally) have your hands full with a new baby, I am impressed with your creative fortitude!

    I like these names; they give a fantasy vibe to me. :) My favorite is definitely Anson! I've never heard that one before. If you're looking for more ideas, I might request some names with nicknames, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww, thank you!!! It is kinda busy here with Gabe, but I take advantage of his naps most of the time and am trying to plan my posts ahead of time a little better.

    Yes, I keep thinking fantasy also! I was just thinking of doing nicknames! In fact, they will be featured on Monday. :]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To each is given a bag of tools,
A shapeless mass, and a book of rules,
And each must make, ere life is flown,
A stumbling block or a stepping stone.
-Anonymous-

ppl love these

February Snippets!
Here are some Snippets from last month.  These hail from my WIP Safia and another project I'm …
Name Reveal!
Happy November! I don't know about you, but as I sit & type up this little post, I have the …
Book Review | The Goblin Crown
Hello, lovelies!  Just now attempting to get back into the swing of things here in the blog world. …
Book Review | When Mountains Move
Well, no worries, my lovelies!  This review will be rather short.  Simply because. . . I didn'…