A Bookish Sarah

encouragement & bookish things

slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Sarah
Welcome, friend! Relax & rest awhile, if you please. I'm an ordinary girl, a follower of Christ, mama to Gabriel, Heidi, & Aidan; and wife to Evan. Here in this little space of the online world, I share all manner of bookish things, including full content reviews, writerly snippets, encouragement for everyday life, and a whole collection of names & their meanings.

welcome to my blog

social media icons 2

Search

category 1

Reviews

category 2

Names

category 3

Encouragement

Happy Monday! // Names + Reveal

Happy Monday, folks!
Has yours been any different from my quite rainy, sometimes sunny, kinda day?

I have just two names for you today, and they may in fact be names I have already featured. . .

> > > > > > > > > > < < < < < < < < < <

Gabriel
MFrench, German, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Finnish, Spanish, Portuguese, Catalan, English, Romanian, Polish, Czech, Slovak, Biblical, Biblical Latin, Biblical Greek
ga-bree-EL (French), GAHP-ree-el (German), GAH-bryel (Spanish), GAY-bree-ǝl (English), GAHP-ryel (Polish)

From the Hebrew name Gavri-el meaning "strong man of God."  In Hebrew tradition, Gabriel is the given name of one of the seven archangels.  [We don't agree with this number.  The Old Testament only mentions one archangel, Michael.  (Jude 1:9)   The word angel is derived from the Greek angelos, meaning "messenger."]  He appears as God's messenger in both the Old and New Testaments, announcing the birth of John to Zachariah and Jesus to Mary.  

This name has been in use occasionally in England since the 12th century but did not become popular in the English-speaking world until the 20th century.

> > > > > > > > > > < < < < < < < < < <

James
M | English, Biblical
JAYMZ

English form of the Late Latin name Iaconus, which is derived from the New Testament Greek form of the Hebrew name Ya'aqov (Jacob, "holder of the heel" or "supplanter").  This was the given name of two of Jesus' disciples: James, brother of John, and James the son of Alphaeus -- as well as one of His brothers.

Since the 13th century, this name has been used in England, though it became more popular in Scotland, where it was borne by several kings.  It was the given name of the English explorer, Captain James Cook (1728-1779); the Scottish inventor, James Watt (1736-1819); the Irish novelist and poet, James Joyce ( 1882-1941); and six American presidents.  A well-known fictional bearer is the British spy James Bond, created by author Ian Fleming.

> > > > > > > > > > < < < < < < < < < <

"Why did you just share names we've already seen here?" you may ask.
And why does it all look so different from normal??

Wellllll. . .
Because.

.  .  .  .  .

We had a gender reveal party yesterday!!!






photo credit to me mum :] 

About 50 people (!!!) showed us their love yesterday by partaking in this celebration.  We had a blast!  As you can see, GREAT food, fellowship, and some target practice.  :]

So BOY or GIRL??


It's a BOY!!
(I apologize for the tiny video!! It's all I could do at the moment... heheh)

Hence, the reason for the rehashed names.
Because that's we've decided to call to our little boy!  Baby Gabe.  <3

So there's my amazing news for the day, y'all.
Have a lovely week!

Comments

  1. I'm so delighted for you & what a lovely name you two have chosen! ^-^ We can't wait to meet you, Baby Gabe!! <3 <3 <3

    Risa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, dear Risa! Can Baby Gabe call you an honorary aunt? ;D <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, that is a lovely name for your little boy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best gender reveal I've ever seen. I love the puff of blue smoke. THAT'S SO EXCITING AND SUCH A WONDERFUL NAME! Congrats! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. ABSOPOSITIVELY. I would be beyond thrilled & honored to be called an honorary aunt to Baby Gabe. <3 (^_____^) <3 https://tinyurl.com/yavftksu

    Risa

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

    I LOVE THE NAME GABRIEL!!! And your gender reveal was so darn cute *squeals*.

    Congrats Sarah!!!!

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gabriel James! Oh my goodness, what a wonderful name! And Baby Gabe is the cutest nickname.

    That is so precious so many people came to your gender reveal party. And I love how you guys did the reveal! AWK. I'm just so happy for you!

    I can't wait to see more updates about little Baby Gabe! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ivie: Thanks, girlie!! *^ - ^*

    Nightingale: *beams* (LOVE the GIF, btw!) <3

    Catherine: Thanks so much, dearie! I love that name (and the meaning!). It was actually Evan's idea, but I agreed from the start! ;D

    Christine: Thank you, Lauri!! YES, I totally agree (of course) xD I plan to dress him up (poor thing) in bowties and newsie hats. I just think "Gabe" is an awesome nickname, and who wouldn't wanna share a name with an archangel?? ;D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To each is given a bag of tools,
A shapeless mass, and a book of rules,
And each must make, ere life is flown,
A stumbling block or a stepping stone.
-Anonymous-

ppl love these

February Snippets!
Here are some Snippets from last month.  These hail from my WIP Safia and another project I'm …
Name Reveal!
Happy November! I don't know about you, but as I sit & type up this little post, I have the …
Book Review | The Goblin Crown
Hello, lovelies!  Just now attempting to get back into the swing of things here in the blog world. …
Book Review | When Mountains Move
Well, no worries, my lovelies!  This review will be rather short.  Simply because. . . I didn'…