A Bookish Sarah

encouragement & bookish things

slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Sarah
Welcome, friend! Relax & rest awhile, if you please. I'm an ordinary girl, a follower of Christ, mama to Gabriel, Heidi, & Aidan; and wife to Evan. Here in this little space of the online world, I share all manner of bookish things, including full content reviews, writerly snippets, encouragement for everyday life, and a whole collection of names & their meanings.

welcome to my blog

social media icons 2

Search

category 1

Reviews

category 2

Names

category 3

Encouragement

Easter Weekend! | and a Grand Opening!

Due to this being Easter weekend, there will be no A+A post tomorrow.  I can, however, give you a heads up as to some soon-to-come posts:  Overland Update!!! (LONG overdue. . .), Kool-Aid Pie recipe, a post on some Rated, Not Reviewed books, and some more author-ly posts.  Aaaaannnnnddddd possibly a GIVEAWAY!

For now, I wish you all a lovely Easter weekend.  May we never forget the reason our King came to us from Heaven's throne - What He endured and Why.  No matter your circumstances or situation in life, God is in control - and will always be.  Oh, what hope we have in that fact!  

Easter is not about candy and eggs and chocolate and cute little bunnies, whether furry or edible.  It's about an extraordinary Man, His path on earth, a battle with Death, and VICTORY.


There in the Night,
Gethsemane
Before the Cross,
Before the Nails.
Overwhelmed, alone You prayed,
You met us in our suffering
and bore our Shame. 

Abide with me.
Abide with me!
Don't let me fall,
And don't let go!
Walk with me,
And never leave.
Ever close,
God, abide with me!
- Matt Maher -

Happy Easter!
May your life be a light for Him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hello again! and welcome to the
Grand Opening
of my Etsy shop!



Introducing, Penmaiden's Wordshoppe - where you will find original pieces of free-handed word art, hand-painted water-colors and acrylic canvases, with the addition of a wee bit of random jewelry.  

Swing by, if you've a mind to! and browse the [rather] small selection.  Within the next few months, I hope to offer custom orders, so spread the word!

Thank you for your encouragement and support, my bloggy friends.  (You know who you are!!) 

As mentioned above, I am throwing around the idea of a giveaway.  What do you think?  Did you check out my shop?  While there are still a few more items to post, including those adorable little cacti paintings and their mini easels, which item do you like the most, if any?  It's not a huge selection to be sure, so it shouldn't take you too long to find out. . . *wink wink*

Anyway, I thank you kindly for stopping in.  And again, I wish you a Happy Easter!  It's almost Friday, but Sunday's comin'!

Fairfarren,
Sarah

Comments

  1. It's a tie between fly high butterfly and good morning beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEP. Your Etsy is ADORABLE!!! You can't possibly make me CHOOSE a favorite item! :O I love it all! Your wordart is gorgeous, girl. And the cacti and baby easels!!! SO CUTE.

    I hope you have an absolutely blessed Easter weekend, sweet girl. <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To each is given a bag of tools,
A shapeless mass, and a book of rules,
And each must make, ere life is flown,
A stumbling block or a stepping stone.
-Anonymous-

ppl love these

February Snippets!
Here are some Snippets from last month.  These hail from my WIP Safia and another project I'm …
Name Reveal!
Happy November! I don't know about you, but as I sit & type up this little post, I have the …
Book Review | The Goblin Crown
Hello, lovelies!  Just now attempting to get back into the swing of things here in the blog world. …
Book Review | When Mountains Move
Well, no worries, my lovelies!  This review will be rather short.  Simply because. . . I didn'…