A Bookish Sarah

encouragement & bookish things

slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Sarah
Welcome, friend! Relax & rest awhile, if you please. I'm an ordinary girl, a follower of Christ, mama to Gabriel, Heidi, & Aidan; and wife to Evan. Here in this little space of the online world, I share all manner of bookish things, including full content reviews, writerly snippets, encouragement for everyday life, and a whole collection of names & their meanings.

welcome to my blog

social media icons 2

Search

category 1

Reviews

category 2

Names

category 3

Encouragement

What This Year Has Taught Me

Wow! I can hardly believe this year is at an end.  Today marks the 21st day of December and that means we only have about four more days till Christmas!  What??  Where has the time gone?

While this year of 2015 has been good to say the least, it has also been one of the most trying that I have ever experienced in all of my three and twenty years.  

Way back in MARCH, I began dating my now best-friend-turned-fiancé. :] I also experienced my first ever car accident.

Sometime in APRIL my grandfather was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.  And I experienced another car accident.

In JUNE, my family lost a most beloved uncle, father, friend.

In JULY, I turned 23 years old.  And on the last day of this month, I took a trip to the beach at the Outer Banks with Evan's family--a place I hadn't been to in over a decade--which spilled over into AUGUST.  Preparations for my church's spiritual warfare drama began. Then it was an annual, family camping trip to Indian Boundary that last week of August.

In SEPTEMBER, I stayed the night at Gee Creek with my siblings and Evan, and slept in my hammock--outside, all night long--for the first time!  My sisters and I helped to cater a wedding one Saturday.  A memorial concert was held at my aunt's church for my uncle (her husband).

OCTOBER was the month of the drama!  And the time of my sisters' 200th Grand Autumn Festival Tournament, a fun Fall festival Quest that they put on for our little cousins.  Lovely weather for picnics and walks with my dear Evan, one evening in which he proposed!!

Cousin Aang

Cousins Ice Princess & Zuko

the Pumpkin Sweep

Through the Web

the trophies and past (fictional) winners

The BluffView Spring Dragons team

NOVEMBER was wonderful for more picnics and a hilarious trip to the movies to see Hotel Transylvania 2, of all things.  xD  Hahaha! One of the goofiest movies ever, but I loved just going to see it with Evan.  My sister Jen and I helped to cater a two-day Tax Seminar.  Something else to add to our resumes!  And I realized that I had been working at LifeWay for one year!

In DECEMBER, my grandparents paid our way to see the Dixie Stampede with a whole group of other family members: great-aunt and -uncle, cousins, and Evan. :] (Who's already a part of the family anyway.)  Star Wars: the Force Awakens came to theaters! and we went to see it this past Saturday--it was AWESOME.  My grandfather's last chemo treatment was this past Thursday, and so far, he's cancer-free!  Thank you for your prayers! 

And now we're only four days from Christmas!

All in all, it has been a good year.  My God is faithful, and He has proved so time and again.  He has blessed me with more than I can say, and knows just what I need.  He will never cease to amaze me!  And though I may question His motives and my faith may waver, I know He is in control and that He'll never leave me to walk this life alone.  I am learning patience and trust and selflessness.

As to Evan and I, the date is set!  And we are counting down the days!! It's now less than ten months away!  And while it seems so far from now, I'm pretty sure it'll fly by and the day will be here in a blink.  It just doesn't feel like it. . .  Heheh.  Right now, we are praying for God's provision.  Specifically, job opportunities, as they are pretty scarce in our hometown.  If you've a spare minute, please say a prayer for us as we wait and listen for God's will.  Thank you so much for remembering us in this journey!

Merry Christmas!
to you and yours!

May this Christmas be filled with the blessings of family and friends.  And may you remember the Promise our God gave to us in Christ Jesus.

post signature

Comments

  1. Where HAS the time gone? This year just flew by! I'm kind of in shock it's almost over.

    I know you have had so many trying times this year. You and your family are always in my prayers. I'm so glad you've also had so many joys, with Evan and all.

    Loved all the pics. Those Avatar costumes are the best! XD

    I hope 2016 is an absolutely beautiful year for you, dear friend. Merry Christmas!!! <333

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To each is given a bag of tools,
A shapeless mass, and a book of rules,
And each must make, ere life is flown,
A stumbling block or a stepping stone.
-Anonymous-

ppl love these

February Snippets!
Here are some Snippets from last month.  These hail from my WIP Safia and another project I'm …
Name Reveal!
Happy November! I don't know about you, but as I sit & type up this little post, I have the …
Book Review | The Goblin Crown
Hello, lovelies!  Just now attempting to get back into the swing of things here in the blog world. …
Book Review | When Mountains Move
Well, no worries, my lovelies!  This review will be rather short.  Simply because. . . I didn'…