A Bookish Sarah

encouragement & bookish things

slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Sarah
Welcome, friend! Relax & rest awhile, if you please. I'm an ordinary girl, a follower of Christ, mama to Gabriel, Heidi, & Aidan; and wife to Evan. Here in this little space of the online world, I share all manner of bookish things, including full content reviews, writerly snippets, encouragement for everyday life, and a whole collection of names & their meanings.

welcome to my blog

social media icons 2

Search

category 1

Reviews

category 2

Names

category 3

Encouragement

Good Morrow, dears!

Good morning, all!  Or afternoon, depending on where you are in this world.  :]

I do hope you and your family enjoyed a marvelous Thanksgiving holiday this past week!  I know my family did.  We had a great time with family and friends, and consumed much good food.  
If you've experienced the loss of a loved-one, you know that as we get into the holidays it becomes rather difficult in the sense that the absence is felt all the sharper.  But that's the joy of the bond of family, it draws you closer together and strengthens your faith.  We'll make it through.  Mayhaps with many tears, but we'll press on!  Our God is good.  And we must learn to praise Him not only through the trials, but also in the good.  He has gifted my family and I with so many blessings, I wish to never take a single one for granted.

With all that said, how was your Thanksgiving fellowship?  Eat too much?  What's your absolute favorite meal and/or dessert that usually only makes it's appearance on or around Thanksgiving and Christmas?  Mine would probably have to be honey-glazed spiral ham and turkey dressing (or stuffing, depending on your Northern or Southern heritage. . . ;D ), sausage balls and homemade fudge.  Mmmmmm.

Thanksgiving has passed, bring out the Christmas music!!!

---------------------------------------------------------

I realize I've been altogether absent in the blogging community, and it pains me, because this is what I love!  I enjoy creating posts, commenting, chatting, and catching up on your own blogs and overall, just interacting with you dears.  I'm so behind in my tags; I've forgotten the past three (or four) weeks of my A+A posts, not to mention the Name posts and book reviews I'd like to keep up; and I've neglected my photography and writing.  :,(

Life happens, I know.  But if I can't take at least ten minutes to sit and just write, and maybe another thirty minutes to blog--both things I truly love--then I can't do anything.  This, I hope to change.  Perhaps you dearies can help to keep me accountable?  :]  

Can you believe tomorrow is the first day of December??  And then comes Christmas, and then the New Year!  WHOA.  This next year is going to be grand, I just know it.  

So. . . have you heard?
Evan and I have set a date!

October 8th, 2016

Mark your calendars!  
And PLEASE keep us in your prayers.  There still seems to be so many things that need to happen before that big day.  Not just details for the ceremony, reception, dresses, and all, but in planning for the days afterward.  It can be overwhelming, I admit, but so worth it in the end of the beginning.  :]

I thank you in advance for your prayers!  They mean so much, for I know we can't do anything on our own strength.  We need our Lord and His guidance.  We need courage and patience.  
May He grant us such.

Blessings to you this Monday!

post signature

Comments

  1. I'm so glad to hear you had a good Thanksgiving! ^_^ We did as well. I definitely ate too much. Hehe. But hey, it wouldn't be Thanksgiving without overstuffing yourself, right? ;D

    My favorite Thanksgiving dish? Um...it's actually the meal the day after when we fry turkey and dressing sandwiches. Lolzy! I'm so silly. But they're so GOOD.

    YOU HAVE A DATE FOR THE WEDDING. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!! SO EXCITING. And October is a perfect month! A fall wedding is going to be so beautiful. I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU. Definitely, definitely keeping all of you in my prayers. I can only imagine how much there is to do before the big day. I know it's going to be wonderful though. *huggles*

    So happy to hear from you! I know you're going to be so busy, but it's always thrilling to see a new post from you. So even if it's a post just saying hi, I'm always so glad to see you! ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To each is given a bag of tools,
A shapeless mass, and a book of rules,
And each must make, ere life is flown,
A stumbling block or a stepping stone.
-Anonymous-

ppl love these

February Snippets!
Here are some Snippets from last month.  These hail from my WIP Safia and another project I'm …
Name Reveal!
Happy November! I don't know about you, but as I sit & type up this little post, I have the …
Book Review | The Goblin Crown
Hello, lovelies!  Just now attempting to get back into the swing of things here in the blog world. …
Book Review | When Mountains Move
Well, no worries, my lovelies!  This review will be rather short.  Simply because. . . I didn'…