A Bookish Sarah

encouragement & bookish things

slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Sarah
Welcome, friend! Relax & rest awhile, if you please. I'm an ordinary girl, a follower of Christ, mama to Gabriel, Heidi, & Aidan; and wife to Evan. Here in this little space of the online world, I share all manner of bookish things, including full content reviews, writerly snippets, encouragement for everyday life, and a whole collection of names & their meanings.

welcome to my blog

social media icons 2

Search

category 1

Reviews

category 2

Names

category 3

Encouragement

A + A Friday!


AWKWARD

  • Tickling your sister's leg with a ribbon ('cause you're bored); she doesn't laugh and you start to instead and she looks at you funny.
  •  Walking up to an automatic door and waiting for it to open. . . automatically.  But it doesn't.  So you and sister swerve quickly to the next set of doors and hope no one noticed.
  • Going to Walmart THREE different times in ONE afternoon.  *screams while pulling hair*
  • Eating at McDonald's at 10:30pm--late evening.  It's a whole new world at night.  O_o
  • Trying to fall asleep while one of your sisters is hiccuping.
  • Eating marshmallows for your sore throat.  Not sure if it helps much, but sure is tasty.  ;D (in the Awk section, 'cause every time I eat one, someone asks what I'm doing. . .) 
  • Apparently, the ability to make oneself laugh is weird.

AWESOME
  • Ralph's Donuts. 'Nuff said.  xD  My aunt and family had gone to Cookeville and stopped at the donut shop to pick us up a dozen of the bestest treats anywhere.  So, when the donuts arrived, someone said, "Ralph's here."  And of course, I had to put in, "Oh yeah.  Wish he'd come by more often."  *bursts into mirthful laughter*
  • Feeling under the weather all day and having the house all to yourself that evening, listening to iTunes "The Andrew Sisters" radio and a soundtrack radio.
  •  Chamomile/mint tea.  :]
  • Writing TWO book reviews in one week!  PLENILUNE || THE PRINCESS SPY
  • Finishing a whole book in one day!  Haven't done that in AGES.
  • Driving the four-wheeler across the fields at top speed.  (I was trying to keep a cow from crossing a ditch and going the opposite way we wanted her to.  And I did.)
  • This acapella version of Nearer, My God to Thee, by BYU Vocal Point:

 photo sarahsignature_zps5172c7cd.png

Comments

  1. I'm sorry to hear you've been feeling under the weather lately. :( Hope your throat feels better soon. Work some marshmallow magic, lol!

    You've done some pretty awesome stuff though! Bovine racing, donut eating, book devouring - the stuff of legends. x)

    P.S. Going to the same store three times in one day? Yeah, been there! >P Actually, I think it was at a Wal-Mart too. O.o

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why, thank you, dearie! I am feeling better now, just dealing with the embarrassing fact that I sound stopped up when I talk... (i.e. "I'b spiderbad.") xD

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To each is given a bag of tools,
A shapeless mass, and a book of rules,
And each must make, ere life is flown,
A stumbling block or a stepping stone.
-Anonymous-

ppl love these

February Snippets!
Here are some Snippets from last month.  These hail from my WIP Safia and another project I'm …
Name Reveal!
Happy November! I don't know about you, but as I sit & type up this little post, I have the …
Book Review | The Goblin Crown
Hello, lovelies!  Just now attempting to get back into the swing of things here in the blog world. …
Book Review | When Mountains Move
Well, no worries, my lovelies!  This review will be rather short.  Simply because. . . I didn'…