A Bookish Sarah

encouragement & bookish things

slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Sarah
Welcome, friend! Relax & rest awhile, if you please. I'm an ordinary girl, a follower of Christ, mama to Gabriel, Heidi, & Aidan; and wife to Evan. Here in this little space of the online world, I share all manner of bookish things, including full content reviews, writerly snippets, encouragement for everyday life, and a whole collection of names & their meanings.

welcome to my blog

social media icons 2

Search

category 1

Reviews

category 2

Names

category 3

Encouragement

Brilliant Blog Bouquet Award

I have been awarded! by my lovely new [blogger] friend Lauriloth, from Musings of an Elf.  


The Questions:
Pinterest
1. If you could have a "flower pen name" like we have here on our blog, Violets and Daisies, what would it be?  Hmm... That is a tough question.  I have always loved Tulips, but I think my name would be Poppy, for the Red Poppies, because I love the color red (among many other colors...) and the flowers are beautiful! I would spell it thus, "Poppi." 

2. What is your favorite ever Bible verse and why?  *groans* So many... I believe it would be Psalm 86:11, "Teach me Your way, O Lord, and I will walk in Your truth; give me an undivided heart that I may fear Your name." (NIV)

3. What are the blogs which inspire you most?  Go Teen Writers has been a big help in my amateur writing career so far; I've also enjoyed keeping up with Storyteller's blogs - Rubberboot Girl, Dragonmaster, and Storyteller of Weston CountyLiving on Literary Lane (love Elizabeth's writings!); My Hiding Place by Ashlin; Musings of an Elf; Whisperings of the Pen; and all  the others in my blog list! I mean, come on, why else would I be following them?? 

Blue Mountains, Australia
4. If you and your friends could visit any country in the world, where would you go?  Australia! I've always wished to go to Australia. And New Zealand! (inspired by the Lord of the Rings & Hobbit movies) ^__^ Then maybe Ireland, England - well, the whole of Europe. =D 

5. If you have one, feel free to share your testimony as to how you became a Christian.  Long story short, I have grown up in a Christian home since birth, with a wonderful family of godly parents, grandparents, and younger siblings. I said I was saved at the age of seven, but all I had done was follow my peers to the altar and said yes to the pastor. For 11 years after that, I struggled with the question, "If I died today, where would I really go?" So, two years ago, I truly accepted Christ as my Savior and know now, without a doubt! I am a Christian, saved by grace!

Thanks again to Lady Lauri for this award!

It is now my turn to pass it on!  This was really tough to decide just five recipients... but...

I choose the following maidens:
and

Congrats, ladies!


~Rules~
Put a link to who gave you the award 
Post the award to your blog 
Answer the questions 
Choose 5 blogs to receive the award 
Let them know you've awarded them

The Questions:
1. If you could have a "flower pen name" like we have here on our blog, Violets and Daisies what would it be? 
2. What is your favorite ever Bible verse and why? 
3. What are the blogs which inspire you most? 
4. If you and your friends could visit any country in the world, where would you go? 
5. If you have one, feel free to share your testimony as to how you became a Christian.

Have a blessed weekend!



post signature

Comments

  1. You are very welcome, dear ladies! Well-deserved! =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Sarah, thank you! I'm so honored. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so very welcome, Katie! I enjoy your blog! =]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To each is given a bag of tools,
A shapeless mass, and a book of rules,
And each must make, ere life is flown,
A stumbling block or a stepping stone.
-Anonymous-

ppl love these

February Snippets!
Here are some Snippets from last month.  These hail from my WIP Safia and another project I'm …
Name Reveal!
Happy November! I don't know about you, but as I sit & type up this little post, I have the …
Book Review | The Goblin Crown
Hello, lovelies!  Just now attempting to get back into the swing of things here in the blog world. …
Book Review | When Mountains Move
Well, no worries, my lovelies!  This review will be rather short.  Simply because. . . I didn'…