A Bookish Sarah

encouragement & bookish things

slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Sarah
Welcome, friend! Relax & rest awhile, if you please. I'm an ordinary girl, a follower of Christ, mama to Gabriel, Heidi, & Aidan; and wife to Evan. Here in this little space of the online world, I share all manner of bookish things, including full content reviews, writerly snippets, encouragement for everyday life, and a whole collection of names & their meanings.

welcome to my blog

social media icons 2

Search

category 1

Reviews

category 2

Names

category 3

Encouragement

A + A Fri--Er, Saturday!

So, after a near three-week break. . .
A+A is back!!

. . . aaaaaand on a Saturday.  I promise you, guys, I had this pretty much completed and waiting in the drafts yesterday, but due to work and an awesome night out with a friend--obviously, it wasn't published on the day it was supposed to be.  Ah well.  I do hope this brings you some laughs.  If so, then I will have accomplished my mission. :]



AWKWARD
  • Snoring kitties.
  • Going line dancing for the first time! (This could also go in the "awesome" section, I suppose, but fits better here. . .) So much fun, but also a bit awkward, especially if you do not know any of the steps.  You kinda have to jump in, and that is so not my personality.  xD
  • Getting a haircut, and the lady asks, "Are you sure?"  O_o  "Um, ye-e-ess. . .?" (Ended up with several inches off. But it was time, and I would rather it be short and healthy, than long and skimpy.)
  • Doing P90X for two weeks straight, after a long month break, and sore ALL OVER.
  • Attempting to hold back a sneeze, while ringing up a customer at the registers, and FAILING.  Let's just say the sound was akin to that of a baby elephant. . . The lady customer was very gracious and laughed with me.
  • Trying to put mascara on and one of your sisters keeps laughing at the supposed face you make while doing so.  *le sigh* -_- Can't be helped! 
  • Home alone when an unfamiliar car pulls in the drive and you're still in your pajama shorts and over-sized Captain America t-shirt. . . You RUN upstairs, throw on a pair of jeans, and RUN back down to greet your great-aunt who stopped by with a b-day gift for your mum. :]
  • Going through three pens during a church service, all within 5-10 minutes, before finding one that works.
  • Discussing bloodlines with a friend. . .


AWESOME
  • The theater for Beyond the Mask finally tipped!!! Turns out the auditorium we had SOLD OUT, and we were able to move to a bigger one.  The film was AMAZING. I would definitely recommend! Also, great news: It is going mainstream June 5th! due to the incredible amount of tickets sold nation-wide and the revenue brought in.
  • Singing Barbie songs with your sisters. 
  • Oh, the accuracy:
\
  • PIZZA.
  • Going to the theaters for Cinderella!!!
  • Meeting a friend at the library to talk poems and stories. 
  • Going to the movies with a good friend: Dreamwork's Home!
  • Working inventory with your sisters at LifeWay, and finishing your first day in record time! Woohoo! Those scanner things are AMAZING.
  • The newest STAR WARS trailer. Clicky here to see.  See, you must. 
  • This quote:  "I pray because the need flows out of me all the time, waking and sleeping.  It doesn't change God, it changes me."  (C.S. Lewis)

-----------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading, lovelies!  Happy weekend.

post signature

Comments

  1. Yessss. Pizza! xD
    AND BEYOND THE MASK IS COMING TO THEATERS YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME?! I'm so excited about this. I really, really want to see it.
    I'm glad the A and A posts are back. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!

    Oooh, wasn't Cinderella the sweetest thing?:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched the Emporer's New Groove last week. Hadn't seen it years and forgot how much I loved it! The accuracy! That's exactly what I'm like when I buy a new book. So, so happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol...this post definitely made me laugh =) sounds like you've been having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yaaay! I love these posts! They ALWAYS make me smile. :)

    "Let's just say the sound was akin to that of a baby elephant..."
    Hahahaha! You're so funny. XD

    The picture you put for discussing bloodlines is HILARIOUS. So, so accurate.

    Oh my goodness, that's so wonderful about Beyond the Mask! :D :D :D YAY. I soooo want to see it!

    So my sister and I aren't the only ones that sing Barbie songs? *highfives*

    CINDERELLAAAAAA!!!!!! I. Adored. That. Movie. What did you think of it? Also what did you think of Home? I haven't seen it yet and am trying to decide if I want to try to see it in theaters while it's still our or not.

    LOVED this post! I hope this coming week will be full of many, many AWESOMES! <333

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie Grace: Yes, and yes!! I do hope you get to see BtM--it's so worth the cost. :]

    Olivia: So glad you laughed! YES. Cinderella. Was. AMAZING.

    Ally: Haha! One of my family's absolute favorite films!!

    Autumn: Makes me happy to know y'all laugh! Life is good. :D

    Christine: xD D'aww, you make me smile! And I hope you get to see BtM!! If you do, lemme know whatcha think! Barbie songs--YES. Who doesn't sing those adorable-ness melodies?? ;D EEP! Cinderella! It was a PERFECT Disney movie! Just the right amount of everything. The costumes, characters, acting, effects--SO GOOD. I cried. Yes, I cried. At least twice. But so worth it!!! Hahaha, and Home was really cute. If you like goofy, kiddy movies, you might like that one. I was laughing almost constantly. There's a teensy bit of crude potty humor, but a strong sense of the value of family. I enjoyed it. :]

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad that A+A is back! I laugh (snort to be exact) every time I see a new one!

    By the way, I tagged you here: http://theshyintrovert.blogspot.com/2015/04/oh-look-at-that-ive-been-tagged.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh, I just love these A&A posts. ^_^ Sneezing like an elephant...that sounds like me. I don't do those cutesy little feminine sneezes--I tend to explode. :P And eek, Cinderella! I still haven't seen it, but I very much want to!
    By the way, I've tagged you too. :) It's totally up to you whether you do it or not, of course. http://traceydyck.blogspot.ca/2015/04/favorite-screen-characters-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chloe: Aww, thanks for the tag, girlie! It looks like such fun!! I'll definitely try to do it come the near future... :]

    Tracey: So glad you do! Haha! It's so funny the range of sneezes, but I know what you mean. And YES. You MUST SEE CINDERELLEEE!!! Thank you for the tag, dearie!! I'd love to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you don't mind but I did an Awkward and Awesome post on my blog :) I did put a link in the post so everyone could come over here and read your Awkward and Awesome posts :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't mind one bit! So glad you decided to do it!! I gotta go check out your post now... :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love if you could read it but my blog is private, sorry :/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To each is given a bag of tools,
A shapeless mass, and a book of rules,
And each must make, ere life is flown,
A stumbling block or a stepping stone.
-Anonymous-

ppl love these

February Snippets!
Here are some Snippets from last month.  These hail from my WIP Safia and another project I'm …
Name Reveal!
Happy November! I don't know about you, but as I sit & type up this little post, I have the …
Book Review | The Goblin Crown
Hello, lovelies!  Just now attempting to get back into the swing of things here in the blog world. …
Book Review | When Mountains Move
Well, no worries, my lovelies!  This review will be rather short.  Simply because. . . I didn'…