- Walking normally in the house until you come to floors that have just been mopped but you forgot until your feet get wet, so you throw a panicked Silly Walk and try to get to the safe, dry side.
- Waiting to rinse an apple in cold water while your sister finishes washing dishes. You put your finger
- Vacuuming with a carpet cleaner that sounds as if it might explode at any moment. (Yeah, our vacuum is messed up and makes this loud, awful sound while running over the carpets.)
- Medieval Lowe's commercial! This could probably go in the Awesome section, too. :]
- Realizing you really like yodeling. O_o
- Stepping into a hole (covered by leaves) nearly three times before finally getting your balance.
- Having bits of paint in your hair, making it look like you're graying before your time.
- Leaning against the kitchen counter listening in to a conversation, then randomly slipping in your socks and making a scene before your aunt and uncle, who saw the whole thing.
- Finished one of the InScribed Collection's books, Living So That by Wendy Blight. Really good. You can read my review here.
- A poem I entered into a contest has made it to the semi-finals!!! They sent me an envelope in the mail also stating that my poem has been selected for publication in a multi-volume series called Across the Lands. I'm so excited! (In all actuality, about 60-70% of entries make it to the semi-finals, so this could be the farthest I get, but still. . . It's exciting! I had to call nearly everybody in my immediate family.)
- Applied for a part-time position at a candy store this past Monday. :D Still haven't heard from them,
- Walker, Texas Ranger -- Seasons 2 & 3, from Walmart. :]
- A rainbow around the sun, also known as a sun-halo. The moon has them too.
- Listening to an oldie country station with classic cowboy singers like Rex Allen, Roger Miller, and Marty Robbins.
- Trying out new recipes and getting "Mmm"s from the family.
- This quote: "Why do bad things happen to good people? That only happened once, and He volunteered." (R.C. Sproul, Jr.)
Photos via Pinterest.
Sun-halo pic is not mine--didn't have my camera, but it looks exactly like the halo we saw earlier today.