A Bookish Sarah

encouragement & bookish things

slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Sarah
Welcome, friend! Relax & rest awhile, if you please. I'm an ordinary girl, a follower of Christ, mama to Gabriel, Heidi, & Aidan; and wife to Evan. Here in this little space of the online world, I share all manner of bookish things, including full content reviews, writerly snippets, encouragement for everyday life, and a whole collection of names & their meanings.

welcome to my blog

social media icons 2

Search

category 1

Reviews

category 2

Names

category 3

Encouragement

I've Been Awarded!

Many thanks to the lovely Tane!  She has given me the Liebster and the Sunflower award.  


The Rules:
1.  link the blog that nominated you for the award.
2.  choose eleven bloggers to nominate that have less than 200 followers.
3.  answer the questions given to you.
4.  let the people who you've nominated know when you've done so.
5.  you can't nominate the person that has nominated you.
6.  create eleven questions for the bloggers you've nominated to answer.
7.  you must follow the blog that nominated you.

Lady Tane's Questions:

1. Do you like rainy days, or hot sunny days? 
      Hmm.  I like them both.  Rainy days are great for writing.  But I do love the sunshine.  

2. Do you prefer clothes shopping or accessory shopping?
      I guess clothes shopping. . .  Unless accessories count as books or movies! :D

3. What is your favorite movie?
      Oh my.  This is always a hard question.  I'll go with the extended editions of The Lord of the Rings trilogy.

4. Is your hair curly/straight/wavy?
      My hair is naturally wavy.  But I do like to straighten it. . . 

5. What date is your birthday?
      July 23rd.  

6. Do you like road trips?
      Yes.  Probably because we don't travel often.  In the USA, I would love to visit the northwestern states someday!  But internationally, I've always wished to go to Australia.

7. Do you prefer swimming in the ocean, or collecting shells?
      Heheh.  Maybe a bit of both.  I love boogie-boarding the waves, but once something slimy touches my foot. . . Look out, I may be the first to the shore.  ;D  It's been probably ten years since I've been to the ocean.  *looks longingly in whatever direction the sea would be*

8. Do you dread or look forward to bedtime?
      This depends.  If I am exhausted and can't keep my eyes open, I relish when I get to lay down in my bed.  But if I am restless, and my mind is going non-stop, I dread the night hours.

9. What is your favorite quote? (or one of your favorite quotes)
      Christ be with me, Christ within me,
       Christ behind me, Christ before me,
       Christ beside me, Christ to win me,
       Christ to comfort and restore me.”
                                         --Saint Patrick

10. Do you like pink or blue?
      Pink. 

11. Can you dance?
      Yes! It is one of my passions, though I am NOT an expert.  Ballet is probably my favorite style.  Such strength, grace, and beauty all in one.



 My nominees will be listed at the end of this post.  But just the same, here are my questions for the Liebster award:

1.  Where were you born?
2.  If you could meet any ONE fictional character, whether from a book or movie, who would it be?
3.  Do you prefer coffee or hot tea?
4.  If you had (or do have) an abundance of money, what is your ideal dream vacation?
 5.  If you could travel to any time period (Medieval era, western 1800s, 1950's, etc), where would you go?
6.  Medieval or Futuristic?
7.  Would you rather travel cross country in a plane or car?
8.  If you could be either an Elf, Dwarf, or Hobbit, which would you be?
9.  Do you prefer to play a musical instrument or simply listen?
10.  Who is your best friend?  (This isn't a test, it could be (me!) a sister, Pippin, or a pet--which, if this is the case, you seriously need to get out in the world more.)
11.  What is your favorite TV show?

----------------------------------
And now for the Sunflower Award!

Photo credit to Pinterest
Rules:
1.  Share 11 facts about yourself
2.  Answer the 11 questions set by your nomination blogger- Nominate 11 bloggers
3.  Set questions for the nominated bloggers.

Pinterest, of course
11 Facts:
1.  My favorite animal is the Panda bear!  =3
2.  I am overly fond of books, movies, and Yoohoos (a chocolate drink)
3.  Deep, deep down, I know I am really an Elf of Rivendell, trapped in the body of a mortal girl who has yet to go to Narnia
4.  I love to laugh (when trapped in a giggle fit, I can hardly breathe)
5.  I prefer dark chocolate over milk chocolate
6.  I stand five foot five inches in my sock feet
7.  In public school, I used to be so shy, I wouldn't talk at all except in whispers, and only then to my closest friends  (Don't worry, I'm much more outspoken now) 
Just one of my beauties  :]
8.  I was voted Prom Queen my junior year of high school in 2009 (for the home-school dance--and still have the sash and crown) :]
9.  I own eight Ford Mustangs in various colors  (okay, okay. . . they are Hot Wheels.  Mustangs are my dream car)
10.  I still love to play with Legos
11.  I harbor a weird desire to own and fly a helicopter, even though I am rather terrified of heights O_o


And now to answer more questions!  Here are the four from Tane

1. What song makes you feel happy?
      "Misty Mountains," as sung by a certain band of dwarves.  ;D
2. Do you like tie dye shirts?
      No.  I do not.  Although I distinctly remember wearing them, a lot, in my childhood days. . . No offense to those who like them, but they are a fashion disaster that has already happened and needn't be brought back.  Heheh. 
3. Are you a chocolate lover?
      YES.  As mentioned in my list of facts above, I LOVE dark chocolate.
4. Are you quick to cry in sad movies or books?
      Not really.  It takes a lot to make me cry in a movie or a book.  The only movie in which that has happened was in the Passion of the Christ.  And the only book that has come close to bringing tears, but didn't really, was Martin the Warrior, of the Redwall series, where Martin's friend, Rose the mouse, dies.  I know, I know, she's a mouse.  But it was so horribly sad! TT_TT

Here are my questions for the nominees.  Since this is a combination of two awards, I'll only ask five more questions.

1.  What color are your eyes?
2.  Would you rather read a book or watch a movie?
3.  Who is your favorite Disney princess? (Elsa and Anna count!) 
4.  If given the choice, would you rather write a letter or talk on the phone? One or the other, texting is not a choice in this question.  :]
5.  If you could do something drastically awesome, and wouldn't have to worry about being judged by others, what would it be?  (i.e. get a haircut you normally wouldn't choose, buy an expensive something you've wanted all your life, etc.)

And now, I shall choose the lucky taggers:

Sisters Sam & Risa

Thanks again to Tane!  Have fun with this, ladies!

 photo sarahsignature_zps5172c7cd.png

Comments

  1. I'm so honored that you would award me! Thank you!!!

    I loved reading all your answers and things. I secretly think I'm an elf that hasn't gone to Narnia yet as well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so very welcome!

    Oh, yes. I have no doubt. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for tagging us, Sarah. I enjoyed reading your post =].

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always so fun to read fun facts about friends! You're so friendly and nice, I never would've guessed you were so shy, to only talk in whispers! You made conversation easy and were very nice to be around when you came down for a visit. =)


    Thanks for awarding me, Sarah! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, you are too sweet, Ashlin! Thank you for your kind words!

    Have fun with the tag! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To each is given a bag of tools,
A shapeless mass, and a book of rules,
And each must make, ere life is flown,
A stumbling block or a stepping stone.
-Anonymous-

ppl love these

February Snippets!
Here are some Snippets from last month.  These hail from my WIP Safia and another project I'm …
Name Reveal!
Happy November! I don't know about you, but as I sit & type up this little post, I have the …
Book Review | The Goblin Crown
Hello, lovelies!  Just now attempting to get back into the swing of things here in the blog world. …
Book Review | When Mountains Move
Well, no worries, my lovelies!  This review will be rather short.  Simply because. . . I didn'…