A Bookish Sarah

encouragement & bookish things

slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Sarah
Welcome, friend! Relax & rest awhile, if you please. I'm an ordinary girl, a follower of Christ, mama to Gabriel, Heidi, & Aidan; and wife to Evan. Here in this little space of the online world, I share all manner of bookish things, including full content reviews, writerly snippets, encouragement for everyday life, and a whole collection of names & their meanings.

welcome to my blog

social media icons 2

Search

category 1

Reviews

category 2

Names

category 3

Encouragement

Character Profile [Mo]

Welcome back, dear readers!  

I've wanted to do this for a little while now, and finally it has happened!  I give you the first in my line of Profile posts, in which I will give an overview of my original characters in my WIP, Safia, and the medieval-fantasy world of Everon.

And so, without further ado. . .

original character MO; artist - Julia
Mo'mbweno "Mo" Bongali
age:  um, 32-ish? 
(late twenties, early thirties)
height:  6 foot, 7 inches
weight:  230 lbs
eye color:  dark brown
hair color:  none (he's bald!) =]
home country:  Makar [pro. ma-KAHR]
(based on Africa)

Personality:
 Known to all simply as Mo.  He is extremely loyal and would readily, without hesitation, lay down his life for a friend.  Recognized for his size, impressive strength, and pearly-white smile.  Quick to give encouragement, and/or correction if needed, he acts as a bodyguard and friend to the crown prince of Gondoa, Rydan--to whom he owes his life.  Needless to say, he can be a bit overprotective.
A devout follower of the true Light, Eliadan, God of Creation, Mo does all in his power to live as He would, to pattern his life after the One who gave him life.

Occupation:
Ship's bosun (officer in charge of ship's rigging, cables, anchors, and deck crew) for the royal Gondian vessel responsible for the transportation/pleasure of the king and queen of Gondoa, christened the Victory's Crown.  Also, first mate aboard the crown prince's personal ship, the Sea Falcon.

Worst Fear:
Catfish's ladle.

Personal Quote:
"Aye. Beware the ladle."

Role in Safia:
Bosun on the Victory's Crown, first mate on the Falcon.  Mo is the bodyguard of Prince Rydan and loyal to the crown of Gondoa.

---------------------------------

What did you think?  

The picture is courtesy of my sister, Julia.  Didn't she do a great job?  He looks just like I imagined him!

Many thanks for stopping by!  Fairfarren, for now. =]

 photo sarahsignature_zps5172c7cd.png

Comments

ppl love these

February Snippets!
Here are some Snippets from last month.  These hail from my WIP Safia and another project I'm …
Name Reveal!
Happy November! I don't know about you, but as I sit & type up this little post, I have the …
Book Review | The Goblin Crown
Hello, lovelies!  Just now attempting to get back into the swing of things here in the blog world. …
Book Review | When Mountains Move
Well, no worries, my lovelies!  This review will be rather short.  Simply because. . . I didn'…