A Bookish Sarah

encouragement & bookish things

slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Sarah
Welcome, friend! Relax & rest awhile, if you please. I'm an ordinary girl, a follower of Christ, mama to Gabriel, Heidi, & Aidan; and wife to Evan. Here in this little space of the online world, I share all manner of bookish things, including full content reviews, writerly snippets, encouragement for everyday life, and a whole collection of names & their meanings.

welcome to my blog

social media icons 2

Search

category 1

Reviews

category 2

Names

category 3

Encouragement

Elegant Blogger Award!

I have been awarded!



Many thanks to Christina of Idelwild for presenting me with this reward.  So sweet of her!


THE RULES
  • When you receive the award, link back to keepcalmandsparkle1099.blogspot.com and the blog that nominated you. (In my case: Christina! [http://idlewildcl.blogspot.com/])
  • Display the award button in the post
  • Answer all of the 12 questions given in this post (Do not make your own questions)
  • Nominate 12 bloggers
  • Notify them that they have been awarded

THE QUESTIONS


1. What made you decide to start blogging?
With family living on the other side of the country, we thought this was a great way to keep track of each other -- a better way than Facebook, in my opinion. (No offense meant to those who do Facebook.) My mother started a blog first, and I posted a bit on it, then my sisters and I decided to start our own, and it grew from there. I love it! =]


2. What is your fashion style?
Comfy and cute. =3 I love mixing and matching, but am very particular about colors and such. I love a-line skirts, feminine blouses or girly hockey-style shirts, and ballet flats. 

3. What is something none of your followers know about you? 
Um. Oh! I own a Ferrari F430 Challenge Trofeo Pirelli. Yup. Bright red. 

Okay, okay. It's a LEGO model... But I still own it! (Some of you readers may have already known that due to a post on the 3Maidens blog.) Among seven, no, EIGHT Hot Wheels Mustangs of various models...

[In reality, I do own an awesome 2004 Nissan Xterra, jet black, stick-shift, with a Captain America sticker on the back door.]

Oh. And I'm also an agent of SHIELD. (In my mind, anyway.)

4. What are some of your blogging goals?
To eventually have 100 loyal followers. Yes, I know, a LONG way off, but I want to be the type of blogger with something worthwhile to share, and eager readers with whom to share it. Maybe lessons I've learned in my twenty-one years of life, wisdom I've picked up along the way, and generally overall good, fun writings that fellow readers would love to read and pass on.


5. Where is your favorite place to shop?
McKay's Used Book Store! (I could live there.) Books-A-Million. (I could live there, too.) ^__^ Goodwill. 


6. What would your ideal amount of blog followers be?
As mentioned above, my goal would be 100 followers. I want to earn them. Does that make sense? I could host a giveaway with this awesome, one-of-a-kind prize, but I don't want that to be the reason they sign up to follow me.

7. What are your talents?
I have been told that I have a natural talent for dance (ballet, etc.). ^__^ Actually, I think I'm more of a lass of all trades, mistress of none... I play the electric bass guitar; I know a little bit of both violin and ukulele, but really I haven't mastered them. And I make an awesome chocolate chip cookie, if I do say so myself. ;D (That's not really a talent...)




8. Are you a leader or a follower?
I can be a leader, such as teaching a small dance class or organizing a party something or other; but I guess I prefer to be the follower.



9. What is one of your favorite quotes?
Oh dear. Don't get me started! I have PAGES AND PAGES of quotes. But I guess my favorite would be: "...A strong man who has known power all his life may lose respect for that power, but a weak man knows the value of strength." Dr. Erskine paused then pointed to Rogers' chest, emphasizing each word,"And knows compassion." (Dr. Abraham Erskine, Captain America: The First Avenger)



10. Do you have a favorite book or book series?
Why such hard questions?? I apologize, but I must name a few: The Walking Drum, by Louis L'Amour (my ultimate favorite); The Chronicles of Narnia (C.S. Lewis), The Redwall series (Brian Jacques), The Hollow Kingdom Trilogy (Claire B. Dunkle), The Restorer series (Sharon Hinck), and so much more!


11. Out of all of the synonyms for elegant, which would you describe yourself with (smart - stylish - dressy - graceful - dainty - fine)?
In all modest-ness, I think I am rather graceful and stylish. Dainty? Probably not, I grew up and live on a farm. My hands are calloused, and, in my opinion, not very pretty...



12. What is your favorite flower?
The red Poppy. I love tulips too, but the Poppy is my favorite. 

-------------------------------------------

Again, my thanks to Christina for this award!

And now it is my turn.

I hereby reward the following bloggers:
Ashlin from My Hiding Place
My mother, Jody from Farm, Faith, Family
My sisters, Jen & Ju from Maidens of Virtue (I blog there, too, but it still counts for them!)
Lauriloth from Musings of an Elf
Morgan & Katie from Two Sisters
Jameson C. Smith from Words on a Page
Brittney from Daughter of the King
Leah from Apassionata
Joy from Fullness of Joy
Michaela from Rhapsody in Pink
Lena Elizabeth from Love of a Lifetime

Technically, that is 13 bloggers (if you count the 2 pairs of sisters). . . But they deserve it!

Thank you for stopping by.  Come back again soon!

Comments

  1. Thanks Sarah for the award.

    We will have our blog open again but right now we are "trying" to design it.

    Thanks again,
    Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! You are so very welcome, Lady Morgan. =] I was wondering if something were wrong. I had tried earlier to link to your blog, but no luck. Can't wait to see your design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started following your blog. I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Lady Jillian! So glad you found me ^__^ I hope to be a blessing to you (and others, of course) through this blog. =]

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww, I'm honored. Thank you!

    I could live in Books-a-Million too. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your blog! : )

    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lauri: You are so welcome! Have fun with it! =]

    Sarah: Hello! Thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To each is given a bag of tools,
A shapeless mass, and a book of rules,
And each must make, ere life is flown,
A stumbling block or a stepping stone.
-Anonymous-

ppl love these

February Snippets!
Here are some Snippets from last month.  These hail from my WIP Safia and another project I'm …
Name Reveal!
Happy November! I don't know about you, but as I sit & type up this little post, I have the …
Book Review | The Goblin Crown
Hello, lovelies!  Just now attempting to get back into the swing of things here in the blog world. …
Book Review | When Mountains Move
Well, no worries, my lovelies!  This review will be rather short.  Simply because. . . I didn'…