A Bookish Sarah

encouragement & bookish things

slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Sarah
Welcome, friend! Relax & rest awhile, if you please. I'm an ordinary girl, a follower of Christ, mama to Gabriel, Heidi, & Aidan; and wife to Evan. Here in this little space of the online world, I share all manner of bookish things, including full content reviews, writerly snippets, encouragement for everyday life, and a whole collection of names & their meanings.

welcome to my blog

social media icons 2

Search

category 1

Reviews

category 2

Names

category 3

Encouragement

I'm Back!

Well, hullo there!
I'm back from an extended hiatus and with a new addition to my little family. . .

On Monday, August 27th, Evan and I welcomed little Gabriel James into the world.

the proud new daddy | Instagram
If you happen to follow me on Instagram, you've probably already seen these photos---but they're too cute not to share again on here.  :D

Below is Gabe with his new friend, Hobbes, that my sister Julia and her hubby Walker got for him.  (Anyone else grow up reading Calvin & Hobbes??  I'm pretty sure I was more excited than Gabriel when we received this particular plushie)

Hobbes & Gabe | Instagram
Doggie beds have multiple uses, didja know that??  We'd purchased this pillow as a floor cushion for guests as we have limited seating for a whole hassle of beans (aka peeps, aka people).  But turns out it's an excellent napper as well!  Isn't he just adorbs?

Instagram
<3 <3 <3

Instagram
Me & my little family (+ Hobbes). 

And the two became THREE | Instagram
And lastly, me.  At Hobby Lobby.
For nearly two weeks, I rested and relaxed and recovered while my hubby and family took care of me and cooked and cleaned my house.  #SOBLESSED
It's been so nice to get out of the house every now and then and show off my baby.  You wouldn't believe how many people stop to take a peek at him (or how many comment on his rather full head o' hair.  ;D  I've had a couple people think he was a girl...). xD

Instagram
Today, he is three weeks old!  These days have flown by, but it seems like yesterday we were bringing him home.  Time certainly flies the older you get, but once you have children it seems to go even faster---if that's possible.  
As the season of Thanksgiving approaches, I'm constantly reminded even more so than usual of just how much I have to be thankful for.  And it's still almost hard to believe I have a little son who depends on me now.  Wow.  Mind-blowing, this parenthood thing.  But so amazing and such a high calling.
God is so good.

> > > > > > > > > > < < < < < < < < < <

It's so good to be back!
I've missed the blogging world and all me bloggy friends.  I'm hoping to be able to catch up on all my favorite blogs when I can.  And to somehow get into a groove of posting again.  I'm still reviewing books, so expect my thorough reviews every now and then!  

Happy Monday, y'all!


Comments

  1. AHHHHHHHHHHH HE'S SO ADORABLES, SARAH!!!! I'm so glad everything went smoothly for you!!!!!

    I love Calvin and Hobbes, (snark is always guaranteed to give me a laugh) and that is the cutest little plushie EVER.

    Catherine <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. SARAAAAH!!! *GLOMPS* I've missed you! Buuut obviously you've been a smidge preoccupied. ;D

    AND OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS. I know I've seen these pics on IG but I will happily look at them again and again. GABE IS TOO PRECIOUS FOR THIS WORLD. The ones with him on the doggy bed (what a great idea!) are too much for my soul. *allll the heart eyes* You three are the cutest, most precious family. Gabe is blessed to have such godly, lovely parents!

    So happy to have you back, m'dear! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you, dear Christine! (I'm just now getting caught up on my comments...) You are the sweetest!! <3 <3 <3

      Delete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'M SO HAPPY FOR Y'ALL!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely to see you posting on IG and even on your blog again! I hope you and Evan and Gabriel James are settling into your new routine nicely. He is just so precious and adorable! <3 Congratulations again, beautiful mama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear friend! (I'm just now catching up on comments) We have settled in wonderfully and things are so much more smooth compared to two months ago... ;D <3

      Delete
  5. Aww, congrats! He looks so cute :) Be sure to continue to rest up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word, Sarah, your baby is absolutely adorable! <3 <3

    so glad you're back! :) I've been reading your blog for awhile now, but for some reason, never commented ;). but, just wanted to say welcome back :))

    <3 <3

    allisonriera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thank you! *^ - ^* And so happy to hear you've been keeping up with my blog. You are so sweet! I'm glad you put your blog address down---I love finding new bloggy frens!! :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

To each is given a bag of tools,
A shapeless mass, and a book of rules,
And each must make, ere life is flown,
A stumbling block or a stepping stone.
-Anonymous-

ppl love these

February Snippets!
Here are some Snippets from last month.  These hail from my WIP Safia and another project I'm …
Name Reveal!
Happy November! I don't know about you, but as I sit & type up this little post, I have the …
Book Review | The Goblin Crown
Hello, lovelies!  Just now attempting to get back into the swing of things here in the blog world. …
Book Review | When Mountains Move
Well, no worries, my lovelies!  This review will be rather short.  Simply because. . . I didn'…