A Bookish Sarah

encouragement & bookish things

slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Sarah
Welcome, friend! Relax & rest awhile, if you please. I'm an ordinary girl, a follower of Christ, mama to Gabriel, Heidi, & Aidan; and wife to Evan. Here in this little space of the online world, I share all manner of bookish things, including full content reviews, writerly snippets, encouragement for everyday life, and a whole collection of names & their meanings.

welcome to my blog

social media icons 2

Search

category 1

Reviews

category 2

Names

category 3

Encouragement

What's in a Name?

Looking for some new and unique names, my writerly friends? 
Try these!



Koda
M | Native American
KOH-dah

A translation to mean "friend," "friendly," "companion," or "allies" in the Yankton-Yanktonai and Santee dialects of the Lakota Sioux language. 


Junia
F | Biblical, Roman Mythology
pro.

Feminine form of Junius, a Roman family name derived from the name of a Roman goddess, Juno, which could hail from an Indo-European root, meaning "youth" (or possibly of Etruscan origin).

Rune
M & F | Norwegian, Danish, Swedish
ROO-ne, ROON

Derived from Old Norse rรบn meaning "sacred lore."


Dulce
Spanish, Portuguese
DOOL-the (European Spanish), DOOL-se (Latin American Spanish)

Means "sweet" or "candy" in Spanish.






Names & meanings via behindthename.com.
Photos via Pinterest.

Comments

  1. I love ALL of them! And the pictures were really awesome too!

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're always so good at coming up with intriguing, unique names! I love all of these! Rune especially is a really cool one.

    By the way, I tagged you for the Spring Cleaning Writing Challenge! Here's the link: https://musingsofanelf.blogspot.com/2018/03/the-spring-cleaning-writerly-challenge.html
    Nooooo pressure AT ALL to join in though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, ladies!! It gives me great pleasure y'all enjoy these posts as much as I do. *^ - ^*

    And thank you, dear Lauri! The tag looks like such fun! A definite must for me, especially with Camp NaNo approaching. *shrieks suddenly* O____O Ahem. Anywho, many thanks for tagging me! :] :] :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that name Dulce. It reminds me of 'dulcimer'!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To each is given a bag of tools,
A shapeless mass, and a book of rules,
And each must make, ere life is flown,
A stumbling block or a stepping stone.
-Anonymous-

ppl love these

February Snippets!
Here are some Snippets from last month.  These hail from my WIP Safia and another project I'm …
Name Reveal!
Happy November! I don't know about you, but as I sit & type up this little post, I have the …
Book Review | The Goblin Crown
Hello, lovelies!  Just now attempting to get back into the swing of things here in the blog world. …
Book Review | When Mountains Move
Well, no worries, my lovelies!  This review will be rather short.  Simply because. . . I didn'…