A Bookish Sarah

encouragement & bookish things

slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Sarah
Welcome, friend! Relax & rest awhile, if you please. I'm an ordinary girl, a follower of Christ, mama to Gabriel, Heidi, & Aidan; and wife to Evan. Here in this little space of the online world, I share all manner of bookish things, including full content reviews, writerly snippets, encouragement for everyday life, and a whole collection of names & their meanings.

welcome to my blog

social media icons 2

Search

category 1

Reviews

category 2

Names

category 3

Encouragement

Beautiful | Competent | Loved


You can paint me any way you like
but I would prefer twilight hues;
of oranges, reds, violets, and blues.

- Darla Evans -


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Each person has their very own hue.  Meaning, we are a LIGHT - or a darkness - where'er we roam.  

We must choose which we are striving to be.  If you're like me, you struggle everyday with your "blemishes" or your flaws.  You worry ALL THE TIME.  You wonder what people think of you.  Or what they will think in reaction to what you know to be the genuine you.  You listen all too often to Fear.  

Let me tell you:
YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL.
While it is so hard to remember, and far easier said than done (to simply NOT worry about your life, your future, your job, school, home, family, relationships, etc.) I hope you will find comfort in the Words of our Lord: 

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
- Philippians 4:6-7 -

As the great Dr Suess said, "You are you, and that is truer than true, for there is no one alive who is youer than you."

Don't listen to the lies.  Try to find that soft Whisper that knows your true worth and run straight to Him.

"So much stock is placed in physical appearance, in the prettiness of the outside package.  But such things do not really matter if one's soul does not possess such traits as honor and virtue; those are what makes one truly beautiful."
- Belle, Belle's Library -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

YOU ARE COMPETENT.
You can do anything you set your mind to.  But if you begin a task, or a project, or a job - whatever - finish it to the end.  And finish well!

"A good name is to be more desired than great wealth, favor is better than silver and gold."
- Proverbs 22:1 -

If a task is once begun,
Never leave it till it's done.
Be the labor great or small,
Do it well or not at all.
- unknown -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

YOU ARE LOVED.
Most religions require heinous sacrifice.  Their so-called "gods" ask the people to die for them.  
My God - Maker of Heaven & Earth, King of all kings, Master of all things - sent His Son to die for His people.  If that is not love, then I do not know what is.

"But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love that He had for us, made us alive with the Messiah even though we were dead in trespasses.  You are saved by grace!"
- Ephesian 2:4-5 -

If you can find your satisfaction and fulfillment in Christ, then you have everything you'll ever need.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wow.  I didn't mean to post something so. . . DEEP.  I simply set out to write a little encouraging note for whoever happens to find themselves reading this.  Hopefully, this serves to bless someone.

I'm a worrier!  I've been discontent with myself.  I've been afraid of everything.  
I've learned so much.  And I've still got much more to learn.
But I am confident of this:
God is my God.  I am His princess.  He is my Rock.  And I wish with all I am to shine His Light.


We all have a hue.
What is yours?


Sarah <3  




Photos via Pinterest.

Comments

  1. Oh my... SARAH. SARAAAAH!!! This was just... WELL. I HAVE NO PROPER WORDS TO DESCRIBE WHAT THIS WAS. Gorgeous? Uplifting? Breathtaking? ALL OF IT. I do tend to put way too much stock in shallow things. But my goodness, the Creator of the Universe loves me! He created me! There should never be any reason to worry, especially about something as trivial as appearances.

    I so needed to hear this. Thank you, THANK YOU for sharing such an encouraging, beautiful message. I wish all the girls in the world would read this! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a meaningful encouragement. You radiate the loveliest of hues and I'm so glad you reflect His light into the world. :)
    This post is a wonderful reminder of the some of the truths about ourselves which are regularly drowned out by the noise of this world and our own fears and sin. Worry, fear, insecurity: yep, I hear you. And unfortunately we're far from alone. Thank you for reminding us, and yourself too, of what our Father says about us.
    I want to be a light.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, dear Lauri! Thank you so much for the sweet comment! I am so glad to hear you found it uplifting and encouraging - that's exactly what I meant it to be! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Risa, you are so kind to me! Thank you for the sweet comment, and amen to those statements! You are a light, girlie. So thankful for your friendship!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To each is given a bag of tools,
A shapeless mass, and a book of rules,
And each must make, ere life is flown,
A stumbling block or a stepping stone.
-Anonymous-

ppl love these

February Snippets!
Here are some Snippets from last month.  These hail from my WIP Safia and another project I'm …
Name Reveal!
Happy November! I don't know about you, but as I sit & type up this little post, I have the …
Book Review | The Goblin Crown
Hello, lovelies!  Just now attempting to get back into the swing of things here in the blog world. …
Book Review | When Mountains Move
Well, no worries, my lovelies!  This review will be rather short.  Simply because. . . I didn'…