A Bookish Sarah

encouragement & bookish things

slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Sarah
Welcome, friend! Relax & rest awhile, if you please. I'm an ordinary girl, a follower of Christ, mama to Gabriel, Heidi, & Aidan; and wife to Evan. Here in this little space of the online world, I share all manner of bookish things, including full content reviews, writerly snippets, encouragement for everyday life, and a whole collection of names & their meanings.

welcome to my blog

social media icons 2

Search

category 1

Reviews

category 2

Names

category 3

Encouragement

Dark Chocolate Cookie Bites

*UPDATE*
4.12.17
Read on to the ingredients and see NOTE.

Hullo, dear friends, and Happy Thursday!
It's nearly the weekend!!!

I know I've not been present in the blogging world of late, and I'm SO behind on catching up with my favorite blogs. . . But I have a new recipe for you.  So read on! (if you please)


Anybody here like chocolate?  What about dark chocolate??  And nuts?  Seeds?  Trail mix?

I recently discovered this amazing snack that includes all of the above.  Pinterest, of course!  But I tweaked it a wee bit, in that I used a nutty trail mix (from Aldi) instead of purchasing separate bags of nuts and dried fruit.  The result was quite delicious and a big hit with my man, my siblings, and my brother-in-law.  :]

Aaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnddddd. . . IT'S SUPER EASY.

What you'll need:
  • A medium-sized pot filled with an inch or two of water
  • A small glass bowl
  • A mixing spoon
  • A small spoon to ladle melted chocolate
  • Wax paper
{Ingredients}
  • One bag of dark chocolate chips
  • One bag of trail mix of your choosing
--------------------------------------------------------

NOTE:
Below I will mention putting these little cookie bites into the fridge to harden more quickly, but if you do not temper (links here & here) the chocolate beforehand, the cookies will turn all dry and spotty and seem kinda grainy to eat (believe me - EXPERIENCE!).  The first time I made these, I left them to harden on their own on the counter-top for a couple hours and then placed them in the fridge to harden more fully.  The second time, I stuck them into the fridge right away.  I believe that's what made a difference between the first and second times I made them. 
So, read the links! 

--------------------------------------------------------

Seriously.  That's it!
Now on to the steps.  I even have pictures for you.  How nice of me. ;D




On medium heat, melt chocolate chips until they are nicely smooth and creamy.
Meanwhile, as the chocolate melts, pour your trail mix into a bowl or onto a small plate and set aside.


With your silverware spoon, carefully dip out small cookie-sized circles of melted chocolate.  Start with a few at a time, and place your nuts and fruit on top of each--but don't press down too hard!
I began with the larger pieces, then added the smaller ones (like sunflower seeds) last.


Repeat and continue.


Here's where you see lovely photos of gorgeous chocolate and nutty goodness. . .


Once your chocolate bowl is scraped clean and every piece of trail mix in it's place, allow the cookie bites to set.  If you wish to proceed this process more quickly, start with lining baking sheets with the wax paper instead of simply putting it on the counter-top.  By doing that, it's easy to place baking sheets in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to an hour.  

And voila!


YUMMINESS.


An inexpensive and healthful snack.
Enjoy!

The best thing about making these liddle beauties is that you usually have PLENTY of trail mix left over for the next time.  And a bag of chocolate chips isn't too expensive.  They would be great for tea parties, picnics, or just an afternoon snack.

Blessings, y'all.
Sarah

Comments

  1. Oooh, that looks delicious! I'll definitely have to try making these!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To each is given a bag of tools,
A shapeless mass, and a book of rules,
And each must make, ere life is flown,
A stumbling block or a stepping stone.
-Anonymous-

ppl love these

February Snippets!
Here are some Snippets from last month.  These hail from my WIP Safia and another project I'm …
Name Reveal!
Happy November! I don't know about you, but as I sit & type up this little post, I have the …
Book Review | The Goblin Crown
Hello, lovelies!  Just now attempting to get back into the swing of things here in the blog world. …
Book Review | When Mountains Move
Well, no worries, my lovelies!  This review will be rather short.  Simply because. . . I didn'…