A Bookish Sarah

encouragement & bookish things

slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Sarah
Welcome, friend! Relax & rest awhile, if you please. I'm an ordinary girl, a follower of Christ, mama to Gabriel, Heidi, & Aidan; and wife to Evan. Here in this little space of the online world, I share all manner of bookish things, including full content reviews, writerly snippets, encouragement for everyday life, and a whole collection of names & their meanings.

welcome to my blog

social media icons 2

Search

category 1

Reviews

category 2

Names

category 3

Encouragement

A + A Friday!


AWKWARD
  • Home alone AND in the shower when you hear hard knocking. . . (Turns out it's only your hubby and bro-in-law wanting a chocolate cookie bite and he forgot his house key.  Haha!  You can laugh now, but it was almost scary then.)  
  • Jeans that have No. POCKETS.  What is this???  Useless.
  • Watching your man swing around a big plastic sword whilst slaying borer bees.
  • Arm pit farts late at night.  O_o  And I do mean late. . . we might possibly most likely have been a little too tired and loopy. . .
  • When you randomly say that you'll dress as Rey for "Halloween" (we never do all the haunty stuff, but I do like dressing up!) and Evan says he'll be Chewbacca, but you blurt out: "You're not tall enough!" (when in reality he's at least six inches taller than my 5 foot 5. . . just not Chewie size. . .) 
  • Trying to a stamp and ink and the ink somehow splatters on you, your nose, and the wall.  "Yep.  Can't do this." *tosses stamp kit into Goodwill pile*
  • Stuck behind a flatbed truck hauling manure. . . 
  • Updating name and address at the DMV and you accidentally check a "yes" on a criminal question. . . O_O  "NOOO!! I'm not criminal, honest!" you immediately think worst-case scenario in that your license will not go through due to all this crazy stuff and background checks and etc. etc. etc. . . But, really all you had to do was circle the correct answer, "no," and initial it.  :]
AWESOME
  • My shop is now open!!!!  Click here to visit Penmaiden's Wordshoppe on Etsy.  (I'm still working out the kinks, so a nice jaw-dropping header is missing to draw you in and there's a few more items yet to list.  But it's open!)
  • Hosting dinners at your home--fancy or casual.  :]
  • Prepping and pulling off a sweet wedding shower for a sister--decor and everything!
  • The sweetest Disney TV show: Elena of Avalor.  Seriously, it's great!
  • This quote:

  • Trying new recipes and they become great hits in the family.  (i.e. Kool-Aid Pie)
  • Date nights with your man at home, eating homemade chicken quesadillas and watching Stargate: SG1, Season 2.

Thanks for reading! Gotta run!
Sarah

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness, hearing knocking while home alone in the shower sounds terrifying. o.o And I understand. Whenever I'm taking a shower home alone every single noise I hear tends to make my imagination run away with me... Ahem. Glad it turned out okay for you!

    JEANS WITH NO POCKETS. RARGH. For some reason I have a ton of pants with no pockets--actually, no, I have a ton of pants with FAKE pockets! Like, they made it LOOK like there's a pocket BUT THERE ISN'T. WHO DECIDED THIS WAS OKAY????? It seems to be the trend with female pants now and I want to have a few choice words to whoever decided this was okay. >.> It's seriously my biggest pet peeve right now.

    Oh man, you checked yes for a criminal question??? AGH, Sarah! XD I'm so glad it got straightened out! Lol.

    EEP. Your etsy shop is open! How exciting!!! It looks lovely! ^_^

    Hope you have a wonderful coming week! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To each is given a bag of tools,
A shapeless mass, and a book of rules,
And each must make, ere life is flown,
A stumbling block or a stepping stone.
-Anonymous-

ppl love these

February Snippets!
Here are some Snippets from last month.  These hail from my WIP Safia and another project I'm …
Name Reveal!
Happy November! I don't know about you, but as I sit & type up this little post, I have the …
Book Review | The Goblin Crown
Hello, lovelies!  Just now attempting to get back into the swing of things here in the blog world. …
Book Review | When Mountains Move
Well, no worries, my lovelies!  This review will be rather short.  Simply because. . . I didn'…