We're still in the process of finishing Operation Overland (which I hope to have more pictures soon! we're soooo close!!!), the transition of moving in the next few weeks, and there's the little matter of no internet where we are currently staying. . . heheheh. Just a teensy thing, really! It's been rather nice to not be on my computer every day. But pah! I'm rambling. On to the funnies!
- When a young acquaintance of the family stops by after 10:00 at night for a friendly visit, but you're already in your jammies, and the living/dining/kitchen area is completely open with a rather large window in the front door. As you go to your suitcase--currently beside the armchair and couch in said living area--to grab a shirt to change into out of your tank top, you hear a knock, whip around to front door, look back down to your fuzzy lounge pants with cute cupcakes all over, yell out "Oh my goshhh!!" and run slipping and sliding to nearby bedroom. . . (Later, after your dear husband takes care of everything, he comes in laughing at your reaction and poking fun at your earlier, anxious exclamation.) -_-
- When someone asks if there's anything they can pray for you about, you stammer and try to find words. . . and when you do they're usually jumbled. (Does anyone else do this??)
- ADULTING . . . 'Nuff said.
- When you and husband meet some old family friends at a store one evening and it's difficult at first to begin a conversation, but once past the small talk and asking about different things, it's nice to chat and catch up a little. ^ _ ^
- When you laugh at cheesy jokes because you enjoy them and EVERYBODY knows:
- I'm SOOO far behind in keeping you up to date regarding Operation Overland, which is the duplex my husband and I are building (we'll be living in one side and renting the other), but the recent awesome-ness regarding it: appliances were delivered this morning!! Thank you, Lord! Countertops are in (or right nearly completed), flooring is finished--with exception of carpet (to be installed next week), and we're simply moving right along! Hoping to move in by the end of February--Lord willing. :]
- My sister Julia is engaged!!! and the date is set for May. It's nice for Evan and I to tease her and Walker (her fiance) instead of it being the other way around--my whole family gave us a "hard" time! Haha! Her turn!!
- When your husband reads the books you've read and loves them. :D (For Darkness Shows the Stars and Across a Star-Swept Sea by Diana Peterfreund; and Samara's Peril by Jaye L. Knight)
- When your sister buys you a dress that you REALLY REALLY liked but couldn't purchase at the time.
- The newest trailer for Disney's Beauty & the Beast!!!
- When you go through a dark valley, it's always there you see just how much you are loved and where you realize you take for granted so many things and so many people. Lord, thank you for my husband, my family, my friends, and my church.
Happy weekend, my friends!
Fairfarren, for now,