A Bookish Sarah

encouragement & bookish things

slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Sarah
Welcome, friend! Relax & rest awhile, if you please. I'm an ordinary girl, a follower of Christ, mama to Gabriel, Heidi, & Aidan; and wife to Evan. Here in this little space of the online world, I share all manner of bookish things, including full content reviews, writerly snippets, encouragement for everyday life, and a whole collection of names & their meanings.

welcome to my blog

social media icons 2

Search

category 1

Reviews

category 2

Names

category 3

Encouragement

A + A Friday!


AWKWARD
  • When your sister is playing with a pair of drum sticks and acting like she's a praying mantis. . . O_o


  • Trying to pick up running again. . . *pant pant* "Hang on! *HACK* I think I left my lungs back there. . . Need. . . oxygen.  Why do my legs feel like NOODLES."
  • When it's a slow day at work and you and your co-workers (who are two, high school guys) are standing around with nothing to say. . . So very awkward. . . "So. . . How was your day?"
  • When a marine tries to recruit you, because you totally look like military material. . . 
  • Picking up the salt shaker instead of the pepper. . .
"Just a little. . . SALTY!"


AWESOME
  • I have a WEDDING GOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Star Wars: Rogue One trailer  :O
  • Putting in your applications and resumes at FIVE different places!
  • Holding the door open for an older lady who then thanks you and, upon seeing your outfit (black knee-length skirt, black capri leggings, white shirt, and fuchsia cardigan, with your black converse!), she comments saying, "You're a cute little girl."  [Hahaha! "Thank you, ma'am!" Although you're not sure if that says something about your style of fashion and whether or not you look mature enough for your age. . .]
  • Surprising a friend with a birthday gift and seeing her reaction.
  • When another co-worker, an older gentleman (60s, maybe?), make rhymes and beat-boxes.
  • This video from the upcoming documentary, The Insanity of God, featuring Todd Smith from Selah.  It's an incredible story about a Russian pastor who was persecuted for his faith.



xxx,
Sarah

Comments

  1. Haha, your sister is so funny!

    WED-DING-GOWN! *squee* So exciting! I'm sure it's gorgeous. Can't wait to see it-and see you in it! (^O^)

    Congratulations on getting the resumes sent in! I know that can be a pain. And the running too! A literal pain that one, heehee. You go, girl. d(^-^)b

    I've heard of that book, The Insanity of God, but I didn't know they were making a documentary. That sounds like a must-see.

    Lastly, I think you are a very cute, but very mature, "little" girl. (^-') But I probably wouldn't have pegged you for a marine, lol!

    Risa <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! she is. xD And YES!!! I meant to shoot you an email letting you know beforehand... Heheheh, but I forgot! I'm getting so excited to see you this Fall!!!!!! (And your dear sister too!!)

    I agree. I've heard of the book also, but have yet to read.

    Awwww, thanks!! #^_^# Ahahaha!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To each is given a bag of tools,
A shapeless mass, and a book of rules,
And each must make, ere life is flown,
A stumbling block or a stepping stone.
-Anonymous-

ppl love these

February Snippets!
Here are some Snippets from last month.  These hail from my WIP Safia and another project I'm …
Name Reveal!
Happy November! I don't know about you, but as I sit & type up this little post, I have the …
Book Review | The Goblin Crown
Hello, lovelies!  Just now attempting to get back into the swing of things here in the blog world. …
Book Review | When Mountains Move
Well, no worries, my lovelies!  This review will be rather short.  Simply because. . . I didn'…