A Bookish Sarah

encouragement & bookish things

slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Sarah
Welcome, friend! Relax & rest awhile, if you please. I'm an ordinary girl, a follower of Christ, mama to Gabriel, Heidi, & Aidan; and wife to Evan. Here in this little space of the online world, I share all manner of bookish things, including full content reviews, writerly snippets, encouragement for everyday life, and a whole collection of names & their meanings.

welcome to my blog

social media icons 2

Search

category 1

Reviews

category 2

Names

category 3

Encouragement

A [Brief] Hullo! + a Couple Names. . .

Hi, all!  I know my extended absence doesn't really surprise you, my faithful friends, but I feel I should explain nonetheless. . . This past week, my family and I took our annual trip up to the mountains for our camping vacation.  It was such a nice, relaxing time there, and absolutely beautiful! as usual.  :]  I took about 300 photos!  Haha, maybe a new record for me, I dunno.  But I do hope to share them sometime this week.  Also, I have another book review coming!

Life, in general, is good.  My family and I are coping well, what with my grandfather recovering wonderfully from his pancreatic surgery and my aunt and cousins keeping busy and starting a new school year.  Still, we could all use your prayers as some days are more difficult than others.  Thank you, from the depths of our hearts, in remembering my family this summer! God is good in sending His children to care and love others.

You may be idly wondering how my relationship with Evan is progressing. . .  Well, the 21st of this month marked five months of our dateship.  We've only grown closer and he is without doubt my best friend. 


What is to come in the days and months ahead?  Who knows the timing of God, except God Himself? 

Again, we greatly appreciate your prayers!  We are trying diligently to seek God first, in wisdom, strength, and discernment.  Thank you, dearies!!

-----------------------------------------

And, seeing as it's Monday, I thought I'd throw in a couple names for you. . . Enjoy!

Reuben
Gender:  Masculine
Usage:  Biblical, Hebrew, English
Pronunciation:  ROO-bǝn (English)

Meaning & History
Means "behold, a son" in Hebrew.  In the Old Testament, this was the eldest son of Jacob and Leah.  It has been used as a Christian name in Britain since the Protestant Reformation.









Lara
Gender:  Feminine
Usage:  Russian, English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Hungarian, Slovene, Croatian, Roman Mythology
Pronunciation:  LAHR-ǝ (English), LAH-rah (German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese)

Meaning & History
Russian short form of Larisa, the name of a city in Thessaly, ultimately meaning "citadel."  It was introduced to the English-speaking world by a character in Borster Pasternak's novel Doctor Zhivago (1957) and later movie adaption (1965).  In Roman Mythology, it is a variant of Larunda, meaning "to talk."



Have a lovely week, m'dears!

post signature
Names and meanings via behindthename.com.
Photos via Pinterest.

Comments

  1. I'll definitely be praying for you girl!!! Haha 300 photos? That picture of you and Evan is so sweet!!!

    at first I thought you might have picked out the name "Kit" to go with the Richard Madden picture you have up there! Haha!

    Glad to hear you and your family are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Tis meh Sarah! *glomples* Always good to hear from you, dear. Oooh, the mountains. I adore the mountains. Sounds like a lovely time indeed! I look forward to seeing those pics!

    You and Evan are so presh, I seriously can't with you two. <3

    Always praying for you and your sweet family. So glad to hear things are going well. Our God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morgan: Aww, thank you, dearie!! I miss you, girl :D Haha, I may have to look up that name now... I thought he did well in the Cinderella movie. Only one more week till it comes to DVD!! I can't wait!!! So wanna see it again

    Christine: LAURI!!!!! So good to hear from you! I absolutely LOVE seeing your blog posts. Awwww, thank you, m'dear, for your sweet compliments and prayers!

    Love you, girlies!! Thanks for commenting <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To each is given a bag of tools,
A shapeless mass, and a book of rules,
And each must make, ere life is flown,
A stumbling block or a stepping stone.
-Anonymous-

ppl love these

February Snippets!
Here are some Snippets from last month.  These hail from my WIP Safia and another project I'm …
Name Reveal!
Happy November! I don't know about you, but as I sit & type up this little post, I have the …
Book Review | The Goblin Crown
Hello, lovelies!  Just now attempting to get back into the swing of things here in the blog world. …
Book Review | When Mountains Move
Well, no worries, my lovelies!  This review will be rather short.  Simply because. . . I didn'…