A Bookish Sarah

encouragement & bookish things

slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Sarah
Welcome, friend! Relax & rest awhile, if you please. I'm an ordinary girl, a follower of Christ, mama to Gabriel, Heidi, & Aidan; and wife to Evan. Here in this little space of the online world, I share all manner of bookish things, including full content reviews, writerly snippets, encouragement for everyday life, and a whole collection of names & their meanings.

welcome to my blog

social media icons 2

Search

category 1

Reviews

category 2

Names

category 3

Encouragement

A + A Saturday

Yep.  I suppose by now you know it's Saturday.  Heheh. . . I had this post in the drafts yesterday, but was too tired to finish it last night.  So you get a short version today!  Enjoy.  :]


AWKWARD
  • Enjoying a tractor show with your family and listening to a bluegrass band when all of a sudden, there's an older woman standing right beside you.  She invites you and family to come by her church's booth to win a pumpkin. . . Wide-eyed, you nod and thank her and she mozies on.
  • Creating a tiny tree out of yarn scraps from your sisters knitting. . . Nothing but yarn, baby! Now, that's talent.  Just look!

What?  At least I wasn't shooting the wall!
*wink wink* (Kudos if you got that reference. . .) ;D
  • Speaking to an older gentleman who has difficulty in hearing and you must repeat yourself three times to be heard.  He isn't fazed one bit, he just laughs; so you smile and laugh with him.
  • I'm afraid someone will think I like owls. . . 
My handbag, Tervis, and lunchbox. . .
  • That moment when you receive a package and you must sign while the delivery guy waits.
  • Not remembering enough awkward moments for a complete post about awkwardness. . . Is that a good thing? 
  • Watching this GIF and realizing I would be the one holding the hoop. . .



AWESOME
  • Going to an interview at LifeWay last Wednesday.  May or may not get the job, but I'll praise Him either way. :]  (Many thanks for your prayers!!)
  • Earning a wee bit o' income by filling in at the church office for the week.
  • Finding the Beautiful Books link-up and getting excited again about your WIP (work-in-progress).
  • Homemade Hot Chocolate.
  • Shopping with ma sisters. 
source
  • When a book you've been putting off for awhile turns out to be one of those you can't seem to put down.  Happens a lot.  :]
  • Hosting a hayride/cookout get-together with friends and family.  Good food, good fellowship, and good singin' 'round the campfire.

 photo sarahsignature_zps5172c7cd.png

Comments

ppl love these

February Snippets!
Here are some Snippets from last month.  These hail from my WIP Safia and another project I'm …
Name Reveal!
Happy November! I don't know about you, but as I sit & type up this little post, I have the …
Book Review | The Goblin Crown
Hello, lovelies!  Just now attempting to get back into the swing of things here in the blog world. …
Book Review | When Mountains Move
Well, no worries, my lovelies!  This review will be rather short.  Simply because. . . I didn'…