A Bookish Sarah

encouragement & bookish things

slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Sarah
Welcome, friend! Relax & rest awhile, if you please. I'm an ordinary girl, a follower of Christ, mama to Gabriel, Heidi, & Aidan; and wife to Evan. Here in this little space of the online world, I share all manner of bookish things, including full content reviews, writerly snippets, encouragement for everyday life, and a whole collection of names & their meanings.

welcome to my blog

social media icons 2

Search

category 1

Reviews

category 2

Names

category 3

Encouragement

The Olaf Award!

My dear friend, Lauri, from Musings of an Elf, has graciously awarded me. . .


Oh, thank you, my friend! These are such fun.  And it's Olaf!  What more can I say? :]

~Rules~ 
1. Answer the award questions. 
2. Pass the award on to however many bloggers you choose, using the same or your own questions.

Simple, yes?  On to the questions!

-----------------------------------------

1. What is your favorite Disney movie of all time? 
          Oh my.  You start with this question??  *mumbles under breath* So hard. . . 

I've finally figured out that I don't really have favorites--because there are so many I LOVE!  Gah!  Ok, ok, Tangled!  But Frozen, is a close second.  And Sleeping Beauty and Beauty & the Beast will always be close to my heart.  ^__^

2. Of the three newest Disney films (Tangled, Brave, and Frozen), which is your favorite? 
          Again, it's gotta be Tangled.  :]

3. Do you tend to prefer Disney films made prior to the 2000s or those made more recently?
          I have to say, I love the Classics.  Simply because they are classic!  The art and animation is traditional and incredible.  For example, Sleeping Beauty has (along with quite a few others) the hand-drawn, frame-for-frame, sketchy look that took a lot of time, effort, and talent.  Can you imagine??  I'm not saying there's none of that going into films nowadays, but think of the difference in technology from then to now, and wow.  It just blows me away!  But also, the quality of CGI (computer-generated imagery) in movies now (compare Toy Story [1st film] to Frozen) is amazing.  The details and realistic qualities is absolutely AMAZING!  

4. Who is your favorite character in Frozen
          Elsa.  :]

5. Everyone loves Disney music. Any movie whose soundtrack you particularly enjoy? Limit yourself to three.   Just THREE??!?  Tangled's music is so lively! (surprised?)  Kingdom Dance from Tangled is a favorite.  National Treasure.  And Pirates of the Caribbean (all four soundtracks are great).

6. In your opinion (similar to Question #3), has the quality of Disney's film-making decreased as time has gone on, or has it only improved?  Regarding those with CGI, it has definitely improved.  As to storylines. . . Well, there are ups and downs in all.  Values change, unfortunately.  But Disney has still managed to put in a good word and/or lesson that speaks a truth or two. 


7. Favorite Disney couple? 
          Rapunzel's parents, the king and queen of Corona.

8. Favorite Disney sidekick? 
          Hmmm. . . I'm gonna say Merida's horse, Angus, from Brave

9. What is the worst Disney film you've ever seen? 
          The Nightmare Before Christmas.  UGH.  Disgusting, horrid.  I LOATHE the animation.  Halloween is not a good thing--except for the candy.  Love the candy.  :P  And maybe the dressing-up part. . . 

10. Lastly, what is one lesser-known Disney film you'd recommend?
          NEWSIES!  If you love musicals, you'll enjoy this one.  :]  






-----------------------------------------

Woohoo!  Now, before I announce my nominees. . .

Because this is a Disney tag and it features Olaf from Frozen, here are a few fun facts from the film:


  • Hans, Kristoff, Anna, and Sven were all named after the original writer of "The Snow Queen," Hans Christian Anderson.  His story is the fairytale that Frozen was [very] loosely based upon.
  • Olaf's name is a clue to his comic-relief.  It can be interpreted as "oh, laugh." 
  • When Elsa unclasps her purple cloak, during the song "Let it Go," it signifies her as "letting go" of her royal duties.  Purple is a traditional color of royalty in the Nordic culture.
  • The horses in Frozen are actually based on the Norwegian Fjords.  They're real! 

-----------------------------------------

Ok, time to go.  Hope you enjoyed this post!

I hereby award. . . 

Anyone and everyone! 
who wishes to participate!  Because Summer is now fully underway, I understand the pressures and how fast your time seems to be spent.

So, if you wish to join in, here are the questions:

1. What is your favorite Disney movie of all time? 
2. Of the three newest Disney films (Tangled, Brave, and Frozen), which is your favorite? 
3. Do you tend to prefer Disney films made prior to the 2000s or those made more recently? 
4. Who is your favorite character in Frozen
5. Everyone loves Disney music. Any movie whose soundtrack you particularly enjoy? Limit yourself to three. 
6. In your opinion (similar to Question #3), has the quality of Disney's film-making decreased as time has gone on, or has it only improved?  
7. Favorite Disney couple? 
8. Favorite Disney sidekick?
9. What is the worst Disney film you've ever seen? 
10. Lastly, what is one lesser-known Disney film you'd recommend?


Have fun and don't forget to leave a comment if you decide to do this!  I'd love to read your answers.  :]

Have a great week, mii rinur

 photo sarahsignature_zps5172c7cd.png

Comments

  1. You are most welcome! I absolutely loved reading your answers. This was great! Hurray for fellow Tangled obsessors! :D *highfives* It really is the best.

    That GIF of Anna and Elsa is amazing. o.o I've never seen that before. What is is even from??

    Rapunzel's parents are totally precious! I think it's the sweetest thing they're your favorite couple. Not many people would consider them for such a role.

    I've never actually seen Newsies. o.o Now I need to go find it and watch it!

    Those facts about Froze were EPIC. It's fascinating how their names were after Hans Christian Anderson. So neat!

    I'm so glad you enjoyed the tag. I had a blast reading your answers! :D

    Hope you have a blessed weekend! ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To each is given a bag of tools,
A shapeless mass, and a book of rules,
And each must make, ere life is flown,
A stumbling block or a stepping stone.
-Anonymous-

ppl love these

February Snippets!
Here are some Snippets from last month.  These hail from my WIP Safia and another project I'm …
Name Reveal!
Happy November! I don't know about you, but as I sit & type up this little post, I have the …
Book Review | The Goblin Crown
Hello, lovelies!  Just now attempting to get back into the swing of things here in the blog world. …
Book Review | When Mountains Move
Well, no worries, my lovelies!  This review will be rather short.  Simply because. . . I didn'…