A Bookish Sarah

encouragement & bookish things

slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Sarah
Welcome, friend! Relax & rest awhile, if you please. I'm an ordinary girl, a follower of Christ, mama to Gabriel, Heidi, & Aidan; and wife to Evan. Here in this little space of the online world, I share all manner of bookish things, including full content reviews, writerly snippets, encouragement for everyday life, and a whole collection of names & their meanings.

welcome to my blog

social media icons 2

Search

category 1

Reviews

category 2

Names

category 3

Encouragement

A + A Friday! I mean, Saturday. . .

It's Friday Saturday!  How's your weekend coming along?  We are finally feeling the blessedness of Spring!


AWKWARD

  • Relaxing in your brother's new hammock on the back porch when of a sudden you hear the sound of a yipping "dog" and realize it's your sister scaring off the chickens from the landscape out front.
  • Fitting three grown girls into one hammock.  Awkward, but fun.  ;D
Instagram
  • Finding melted chocolate on the bottom of your bare foot.  (And yes, I am absolutely sure it was chocolate)  :P
  • Unintentionally making "funny" faces (or so my sister said) while trying not to laugh. . .
  • An oldie country song called "Jingle, Jangle, Jingle." Seriously, very weird.  And once it's in your head, it STAYS.  Aah! 
  • Putting a teabag in your car for smelly-good reasons.  
  • Finding this pic [below] on Pinterest, of course. . . (It's not so much awkward as it is hilarious. Someone had way too much time on their hands!):

  • Battle of Helm's Peep
  • Confidently walking up to a door and pushing, but wait--it doesn't open.  Nope that one's locked! must try the next before going into panic mode.  Oh good, it opened.  Now we won't be locked up in the Library. . .  (This has happened to everybody, right? Right??)


AWESOME
  • Having written a new poem!  God of My Praise (Psalm 109:1)
  • More writing added to Safia project!  
  • This quote:  "No what-might-have-beens.  If God says not to worry about tomorrow, I would think the same applies to yesterday.  There's enough trouble in the here and now to worry about how differently things could have turned out."  (Mitch, Daisies Are Forever by Liz Tolsma)
  • Learning a bit more about your family history and ancestors from your grandfather.  (One of my great-great-great grandfathers had the initials H.M.S.)
  • Putting a teabag in your car for smelly-good reasons.  Then opening the door later to have the fragrant aroma of Earl Grey greet your nostrils.  :]  Alas, it doesn't last very long. 
  • Finding a treasure: an old, vintage-y ring for $1!
Instagram
  • Discovering a book you hadn't read yet, stashed in your closet and forgotten--until now!
  • This GIF:  

Haha! I need one of those.

Thanks for stopping by.  Fairfarren, my friends!

 photo sarahsignature_zps5172c7cd.png

Comments

  1. Hahahaha! How did I know you would like that gif?

    -Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my I love that GIF! :) The ring and the hammock are both wonderful...this post was great, Sarah!
    Tane ♥
    tangerinetane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure why but I find that GIF hilarious!

    Tag, your it ;) http://ailigirl.blogspot.ca/2014/05/the-sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! This post was fun and entertaining :) actually, I really like this blog so I think I'll follow it. You're welcome to check out/follow mine, too, if you'd like :)

    ashley-ashstash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To each is given a bag of tools,
A shapeless mass, and a book of rules,
And each must make, ere life is flown,
A stumbling block or a stepping stone.
-Anonymous-

ppl love these

February Snippets!
Here are some Snippets from last month.  These hail from my WIP Safia and another project I'm …
Name Reveal!
Happy November! I don't know about you, but as I sit & type up this little post, I have the …
Book Review | The Goblin Crown
Hello, lovelies!  Just now attempting to get back into the swing of things here in the blog world. …
Book Review | When Mountains Move
Well, no worries, my lovelies!  This review will be rather short.  Simply because. . . I didn'…