- Falling out of bed while trying to plug your phone into its charger. Then, laughing hysterically and being unable to explain why you fell out of bed, something that hasn't happened for probably 15 years.
- Receiving a text message (the loud, resounding sounds of chickens clucking, "Message! Message!") in the middle of choir/band practice when your preacher is discussing upcoming church events; turning as red as a cherry because EVERYONE's attention is now on you.
- Coming out from the back room of the house huffing and puffing after a good fifteen minutes of
- Getting compliments regarding you and your sisters' outfits from random strangers in the middle of Walmart. You politely thank the lady and wish her a good day. (If anyone had been looking on, they would have thought the sweet woman was our grandmother!) Don't get me wrong, I love getting compliments! But it can be kinda awkward when you don't know the people. . . :]
- Trying clothes on in a dressing room and opening the door for sisters to see, but quickly discovering no one is there. . . So, you retreat back inside wondering if anyone saw you.
- Arriving to help at a local tractor company's open house luncheon, but having nothing to do for the first half-hour, so you stand around the warehouse awkwardly trying to look busy.
- Signing up for Instagram about a week ago, but the majority of your family didn't know until the small group Bible study Thursday night when your younger cousin called to his ma saying, "Hey! Sarah's on Instagram!" and Julia says, "You're on Instagram??" (How does miss-communication happen in a family when you are essentially with them 24/7?) :] So, yeah. I'm officially on Instagram: @sarahpenmaiden.
- Cutting yourself on a pair of food tongs. How??
- Vanilla Coke. 'Nuff said.
- Finally finishing the second season of Once Upon a Time! And now having to wait for the 3rd season. . .
- Finding an awesome theater company that produces professional-grade, quality, Christian musicals for
via Sight & Sound Theaters
- Workin' cattle all morning Thursday and having no major problems to speak of. :]
- Planning a get-together with a friend.
- Finding a heavy, glass cake stand at Goodwill for $8.99 and purchasing to add to future home collection. :D
- Driving old tractors. The feel of the wind on your face and in your hair.
- Discovering your library now carries several books and films you've been wanting to read and see! For instance, Cinder, Howl's Moving Castle, and the BBC version of North & South--already seen it, but want to again!
So, how was your week? Come on, don't tell me you don't have bouts of awkward/awesome moments! Share them! What was the most awkward moment of your week?
Look forward to a book review tomorrow: The Shadow Things.
Till next time!