Monday, December 31, 2012

Reminiscing & 2013

My sisters and I had a wonderful morning antique shopping with a sweet friend that we haven't seen in a while.  For lunch, we tried a new restaurant, whose food was delicious.  Family-owned cafes are the best!

Card Book
When we returned home, I took a stroll down Memory Lane.  Over the years for as long as I can remember, I've collected cards that I've received - b-day, Christmas, etc.  I have a whole drawer-full of them!  The idea was to organize them for a new project I'd like to do (see right).  As I skimmed through each card, putting them in their rightful piles, I read various little notes of well-wishing, thank-yous, and letters.  Several were from friends I haven't seen in a couple years, and others from a cousin now off at college in another state.  It was pleasant to re-read the different handwriting and sweet encouragement from childhood friends, ladies in the church, and family.  I gotta tell you, I feel so LOVED.

And BLESSED.  I have a family that loves me (at least I hope they do... they sure put up with all my faults, bad attitudes, spoiled acts, etc.).  =D  Ha, I'm just kidding, I know they do!  Right?  *eyes shift, looks at mother*

Me:  "Ma? do you love me??"
Mama:  "What?  Ye-e-sss..."
Me:  *beams* "See! I told you so!!"

I am BLESSED.  I have a roof over my head, clothing for all seasons, and a warm bed.  Hmm... this could be the start of a new poem!  *ahem*

Moving on...

Now, we find ourselves at the end of the year 2012 A.D.

I don't make resolutions for fear of not keeping my promises, but I do try to set goals of what I wish to change, how I need to mature, and what I desire to be this time next year.

As we face this new year, never forget what a great God we serve.  No matter what comes, He is in control.  We can rest safely in this assurance.

No fear of the future!

Happy New Year!

Blessings,
Sarah

1 reflections:

Emily Miller said...

I had a wonderful time as well. :) I missed you guys! And I have started one of those beautiful card book things this year. I am really excited to see it grow.